A&H

Goal or offside?

ladbroke8745

RefChat Addict
I gave offside myself, but with the interpretation of the offside law, did I get it wrong?

The shot came from a blocked shot which meant that an attacker was on the goal line. The shot went directly at the attacker who was facing the ball/field. He slightly ducked his head but also appeared to "flick" it in but didn't touch it.
The keeper was, in my opinion, unable to get to the ball because of this attacker and if he had attempted a full dive rather than a half hearted one, had either have saved it (I am sure off) if attacker not there or clattered the attacker as he was there which likely would have led to arguments for a penalty.

Drew a basic diagram below to highlight where attacker was and keeper.

Would you have given a goal or offside.

Was in a mens Sunday morning cup game.

Attachments

• 20181111_190922.jpg
    20181111_190922.jpg
    75.3 KB · Views: 36
The Referee Store
If you felt the attacker impacted the defenders opportunity to play the ball or challenged for it then offside

Bearing in mind in your picture the goals are not legal, so, match abandoned (if it started) and half match fee and go home 😁

If you felt the attacker impacted the defenders opportunity to play the ball or challenged for it then offside

Bearing in mind in your picture the goals are not legal, so, match abandoned (if it started) and half match fee and go home 😁

Wish it were those goals. But was, unfortunately, a Google image goal.

I gave offside myself, but with the interpretation of the offside law, did I get it wrong?

The shot came from a blocked shot which meant that an attacker was on the goal line. The shot went directly at the attacker who was facing the ball/field. He slightly ducked his head but also appeared to "flick" it in but didn't touch it.
The keeper was, in my opinion, unable to get to the ball because of this attacker and if he had attempted a full dive rather than a half hearted one, had either have saved it (I am sure off) if attacker not there or clattered the attacker as he was there which likely would have led to arguments for a penalty.

Drew a basic diagram below to highlight where attacker was and keeper.

Would you have given a goal or offside.

Was in a mens Sunday morning cup game.
Although you had just cause to give offside, I'd have been more worried about the player's emaciation

Indeed

I am old enough to recall my association wishing to record on the team sheets....the goals Were not white!!

You’ve a lot to thank us Sheffielders for, including, the first Laws, crossbars, throw ins, executive boxes, golden goals, floodlights, to name a few!

Back