A&H

goalkeeper sent off for handball - dogso?

Assuming that the club provided a camera angle showing that the ball was going wide (and therefore not DOG), I think it fails DOGSO as the attacker is unlikely to gain control of the ball.

The Referee Store
Assuming that the club provided a camera angle showing that the ball was going wide (and therefore not DOG), I think it fails DOGSO as the attacker is unlikely to gain control of the ball.
That's the only possible explanation I can think of, assuming that is that the appeals commission understood the law properly.

Does this mean richer clubs can install tens of 'private' cameras around their home ground and use only when it benefits them (and only the angles that do benefit them) ?

Does this mean richer clubs can install tens of 'private' cameras around their home ground and use only when it benefits them (and only the angles that do benefit them) ?
Presumably yes, which leads me back to my previous point that they shouldn't allow appeals, as is the case in most other leagues the referee's decision should be final.

Fair play, I’ll hold my hands up on that one, you were correct and I was very incorrect. Apologies for my previous remark.
Weird one, it's a red card where many probably would have gone red, and where we're also probably just plain wrong. Can't fully blame the official here

IFAB acknowledges from the get go that the subjectiveness of the officials is part of the enjoyment of the game 'this discussion is part of the game's enjoyment and attraction' (About the Laws - Philosophy and Spirit).

Prem referees make 245 decisions a game, and there are typically 19 Prem games a week. Meaning we get 4,655 decisions to have a crack at every week if we are limiting ourselves to the Prem.
(https://www.skysports.com/football/...ing-how-many-decisions-do-officials-get-right)

What football expects means very different things to very different people and it is being used right now to keep people interested in football in a very competitive space, trying for the attention of the next generation.

I wouldn't be surprised if IFAB and FIFA are trying to keep things as controversial as possible for the interaction it is getting them.
Ridiculous last para.

Back