A&H

Going with your instinct

Status
Not open for further replies.

Conor Murphy

Level 5 Referee
I sent two guys off on Saturday , both for violent conduct. Although I didn't see the whole incident

a player from the blue team turned and purposely aimed an elbow at the opposing players face -

the opposing player from the yellow team reacted by hitting the guy a boot.

but here's the thing, my view was blocked by a player crossing my path at the time of the elbow, so I didn't actually see the elbow, I only seen the reaction from the player in the blue team.

going by the reaction from the crowd and from the players I sent them both off for both violent conduct..

was I right to send off both as I only seen one half of the incident??

could I have got away with a yellow card from the guy who through the elbow??

The Referee Store
by the reaction of the player and to the cut in his lip, once of them things that you didn't see but you know happeneded

If you didn't see the elbow you cannot dismiss for it. You don't know if he purposely threw an elbow at the opponent....you didn't see it!

We don't guess at match changing decisions.

It's very unfortunate, and you will have a massive job selling the red for the retaliation, but you have to be honest.

Hope you put the fact that you didn't actually see it, but went off the injury and player reaction in your report?

yes I was honest in my report, although I think your wrong in that you cant give a decision if you don't see it, I went with my gut instinct and was 99% sure he elbow out of intent to injury the player - after the game the plater told me he did do it, so I was satisfied that I didn't take the easy way out and gave the right call imo

Mike Tyson pulls his arm back and takes a swing at Holyfield... just before his fist hits EH's noggin, you blink... Missing the contact. The crowd are on their seats, EH's lip is cut and he's on the deck, crying like a girl...

What really happened was the fairies came down and poked EH on the nose with their magic wands. Such a cute moment :rolleyes::D

Humour intended

Mike Tyson pulls his arm back and takes a swing at Holyfield... just before his fist hits EH's noggin, you blink... Missing the contact. The crowd are on their seats, EH's lip is cut and he's on the deck, crying like a girl...

What really happened was the fairies came down and poked EH on the nose with their magic wands. Such a cute moment :rolleyes::D

Humour intended

Best thing I've read all day!

Absolutely not.

Totally and utterly incorrect.

You cannot guess at a match changing decision.

You dismissed a player based on what you guessed happened.....the fact the player admitted it after the game is totally irrelevant and very very lucky for you.

DB you'd be acting like an outraged Virgin if one of your team mates was dismissed on a guess, so don't try and make out like its a correct decision.

The correct decision was a red for retaliation and massive dose of honesty in admitting you'd missed the elbow.

You took the easy way out rather than being honest.

Nothing correct about that at all.

the elbow happened - and he got sent off..

so your telling me I was wrong for sending him off for elbowing a player.. would you like a copy of the LOTG??

just because you didn't see something it doesn't mean it didn't happen

The thing is here @Padfoot is quite right, you cant send some one off for something you haven't seen. A player can knock someone out and be stood over the guy saying if you get up I will do it again, however if this was behind your back and you didn't see it then according to the LOTG you cannot send him off. Im not saying you wouldn't I am saying you shouldn't.

this was infront of me.. both players were tussling for the ball, I seen the player look over his shoulder then that's when I view got blocked..

Who's acting here? I am an outraged virgin Padders. I also find it particularly offensive that you feel the need to bring my personal circumstances into this thread. I told you that in confidence!! I didn't expect my closest refchat.co.uk friend to make that information public.

Next you'll be telling everyone about that time we Skyped after a few too many sherbets!!! :confused::oops::rolleyes:

Who's acting here? I am an outraged virgin Padders. I also find it particularly offensive that you feel the need to bring my personal circumstances into this thread. I told you that in confidence!! I didn't expect my closest refchat.co.uk friend to make that information public.

Next you'll be telling everyone about that time we Skyped after a few too many sherbets!!! :confused::oops::rolleyes:

It's all coming out now eh? :eek: :p

Reactions: DB
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back