A&H

Good Morning

Hilly1618

Hi everyone. I am a level 6 Referee but now only refereeing in walking football. I am keen to spread the word about walking football and the need for enthusiastic and qualified referees to help with the games development. There are over 1000 clubs now around the country, over 200 entered the FA Peoples Cup and there are a number of county FA affiliated leagues already in place. There is a meeting at FA St George's next week to explore law amendments and hopefully come up with one set that will be used nationally for all league and cup competitions. The game is growing and we need referees who want to help.
The game of walking football is not the one depicted in the original Barclays advert but one played by an ever increasing band of 50+ footballers. Many competitions are now grouped over 50/60/70. The benefits for those involved are massive in improved fitness and mental well being, but it needs credible referees to control the cloggers and the joggers!
I am very soon going to be giving a presentation on walking football to our local referees association in an attempt to recruit referees for a local walking football league we hope to start in the autumn.
I should add that I am also still a very active player in competition and recreational walking football

The Referee Store
Hi everyone. I am a level 6 Referee but now only refereeing in walking football. I am keen to spread the word about walking football and the need for enthusiastic and qualified referees to help with the games development. There are over 1000 clubs now around the country, over 200 entered the FA Peoples Cup and there are a number of county FA affiliated leagues already in place. There is a meeting at FA St George's next week to explore law amendments and hopefully come up with one set that will be used nationally for all league and cup competitions. The game is growing and we need referees who want to help.
The game of walking football is not the one depicted in the original Barclays advert but one played by an ever increasing band of 50+ footballers. Many competitions are now grouped over 50/60/70. The benefits for those involved are massive in improved fitness and mental well being, but it needs credible referees to control the cloggers and the joggers!
I am very soon going to be giving a presentation on walking football to our local referees association in an attempt to recruit referees for a local walking football league we hope to start in the autumn.
I should add that I am also still a very active player in competition and recreational walking football
I think this is perfect for you @Sheffields Finest and @Mintyref ;):p:p

Just back from the docs and after the most uncomfortable week in my life ever he has confirmed Shingles. Been away in NÍ and no access to doctor etc. I don’t think I’d be up to walking football anytime soon. Hurts like hell!

Sounds promising I'll think about this just as soon as I can get this trapped nerve in my neck released!

Back