A&H

Junior/Youth Got given a ringer yesterday

Jack M

Level 6 Referee
I had an U17 match yesterday and when I called a player over to caution him for AA, he told me his name was "Mike Branston". When I went to put this on the Whole Game System, the name wasn't on the drop down list of players for his team. I checked with the league's U17s Registration Secretary who said he didn't have a registration card with that name on. I have had to know send a report to him about it and the league will be charging them for fielding an ineligible player.

Anyone else ever been given a ringer/false name or ever been in this situation?

The Referee Store
My caution's name yesterday wasn't on Whole Game - had no reason to derive that it was made up - just used the "other" option at the bottom of the list of names and put it in ... that's all we need to do

Remember that some Leagues will also allow "on the day signings" - something that we shouldn't be getting involved with

Had plenty of people give a name I wasn't sure about - twice players had to ask a colleague what their own name was :)

I did enter it manually but the League registration sec told me to send him a report anyway

:)

Unfortunately we probably all know refs who wouldn't have bothered !

As a related question - are we allowed to send Leagues our misconduct reports ? ... I was once told never to do this - County will tell the Leagues not us

A player won't necessarily be on WGS. From my own experience, it seems that despite leagues registering players on Full Time, this data has not been dragged across to WGS. The names on WGS only seem to be those who have already received a caution or dismissal in the current season. Select Other and add their name to the list before submitting. If the County and League don't have the player registered, then just pass the details to the League and let them decide what they want to do with it. You have done all that is required of you by issuing the caution and reporting the anomaly.

:)

Unfortunately we probably all know refs who wouldn't have bothered !

As a related question - are we allowed to send Leagues our misconduct reports ? ... I was once told never to do this - County will tell the Leagues not us
You should not send copies of your misconduct reports to the League as these are confidential between you and The FA, but you can send the League information relating to any incidents. So cut and paste time if needed ...

A player won't necessarily be on WGS. From my own experience, it seems that despite leagues registering players on Full Time, this data has not been dragged across to WGS. The names on WGS only seem to be those who have already received a caution or dismissal in the current season. Select Other and add their name to the list before submitting. If the County and League don't have the player registered, then just pass the details to the League and let them decide what they want to do with it. You have done all that is required of you by issuing the caution and reporting the anomaly.

I put it in manually, but then decided to double check with the League about it as I had a slight suspicion as he was complaining like mad that he was getting a caution. He then said his name relatively calmly which was a very sudden change in the tone of his voice

A player won't necessarily be on WGS.
I refereed an U15 team a couple of weeks ago and tried to put in a caution. None of the current U15 team were on WGS but the whole of the previous year's squad were (according to the squads on Full Time). WGS is far from perfect in this respect...

Back