A&H

Have any of you used yesref ?

The Referee Store
Looks like another example of money going out of the game.
It might have some nice features but their website doesn’t make it clear as to what they are (except for the headline claim of cashless payments).
Very little information about their fees but the only example I could see on their website included a fee of approximately 5.5%.
Obviously there’s a market out there but any good league would have a reliable, experienced appointments Secretary and a charter standard code of conduct that highlights how match officials are to be paid.
If a club is happy to pay an extra 5%, then give the referees the extra through increased match fees.
For arranging matches, there are alternatives available and this forum has banner advertising for one such application.

There are quite a few of these ventures appearing. Herts CFA has distanced itself from the one that's been circulated in my area
As long as leagues have good RefSecs, these ventures don't have a place. However, there are Leagues such as the Junior Prem League who leave it to Clubs to find Refs and one of my local Youth Leagues has an appalling RefSec, so Refs go it alone

As someone who has used YesRef, I have found it brilliant throughout the past season. During the last year I have used it multiple times when my weekends/midweek have been free to pick up multiple games. It is both great for both myself and clubs as it avoids contact with cash which during this period of time can be quite a worry for some referees. With the features on YesRef I have found it quick and easy to use and with speaking to clubs who I have recommended they have found it easy to use and many clubs have used it multiple times. I’d highly recommend any match official or club to use it.

I really like the YesRef platform, a variety of different games outside of what I get appointed too. I agree appointment officers have a place but not everythig is appointed too. Last season, I got most of my pre season games from YesRef. Its all in one place and easy to use. I'd recommend it :)

Back