A&H

Open Age Have I missed something?

Bart

Level 6 Referee
Orange vs Yellow. Ball went out for a throw in and the yellow goalkeeper shouts at orange striker: "you ginger c***" so loud that the whole village could hear it. Took his name and showed him red card. Yellow players going mad: HOW? WHY? THATS A YELLOW REF etc. They were genuinely surprised with my decision. Isn't this a clear OFFINABUS? Is there a problem with my tolerance level?

The Referee Store
That is a nailed on offinabus. Sadly, some refs would allow that kind of abusive language, hence the surprise on the keepers face when you correctly sent him off.

Players seem to believe that as long as you are not abusing the referee, they are fine to say whag they want. :)

That is a nailed on offinabus. Sadly, some refs would allow that kind of abusive language, hence the surprise on the keepers face when you correctly sent him off.

Players seem to believe that as long as you are not abusing the referee, they are fine to say what they want. :)
I am one of those referees. I always take it lightly insults between players as long as it does not lead to confrontation. But insults directed at me or any of my other match officials, is very serious, any the player (s) who do it will be unlucky. Racist remarks against anyone is also very serious.

So @MIP you would play on and ignore his comments?

Do you know what a cun* is? Ever had anyone use this on one of your games? What if they used it in a differenet language but you understood what he had said?

Justaking for the FIFA definition please.

Dismissal all day long. I was once at a game and the left back shouted something similar to the opposing left back across a distance of about 45 yards. I dismissed him.

My red headed father in law who was watching was suitably impressed as was my red headed son at home when I told him.

Reactions: SM
@HRW I understand what that word means. Most of our players don't use English, they use their mother tongue. As I said, if the insult does not lead to confrontation or if the player does not get offended then what I do is play on. There are some player who insult others to instigate a fight. I deal with such scenarios very firmly. There is no FIFA definition but we are always look at who the insult is directed at.
Player to player - Moderate
Player to match officials - High
This is what I do. Every referee has a way of doing thinks.
"To the OP, I think the player should be sent off because the insult was heard by many people - fans, players and officials"

Let's keep it friendly guys. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion and as we know. Offinabus can be a source of much opinion and debate by referees. :)

Let's keep it friendly guys. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion and as we know. Offinabus can be a source of much opinion and debate by referees. :)

Correct....no matter how wrong they are!

Anyone who doesn't dismiss for this isn't doing the job properly.....dress it up in whatever excuse you like, it's an abject failure to correctly apply the LOTG.

Red all day long. May not be offenceive language to the player it was aimed at but certainly abusive.

Well done for dealing with it properly.

Mother tongue? I'm sure his mother wouldn't be impressed!

Red. No shadow of a doubt. Its targeted, direct and used purely for the insult value.

Doesnt make a difference if its player to player or player to match official. That doesnt even come into it

Absolutely spot on. That's about as clear cut as they come.

It doesn't matter who heard it, it's a RC regardless.

Back