A&H

Heard a new one yesterday

SM

The avuncular one
cautioned a player after 7 minutes yesterday. Off his feet, reckless tackle. no question in my mind that he was getting a caution for it.usual complaints "it's my first..." :rolleyes:

His captain comes up, "if you caution him this early ref you're really going to have to think about what you do for the next 80 minutes!"

I look at the player being cautioned "what he said". Lemon.

Game on.

Anyone heard that phrase before?

The Referee Store
It happens. But I just ignore what the captain tells me and correctly apply the LOTG. You did the right thing and it is perfect.

Had it a few weeks back. Just said "I better start thinking then. I don't normally bother but if you insist"

Had it a few times this season. Think its a combination of the attituydes down here and the fact I normally get a caution early on

cautioned a player after 7 minutes yesterday. Off his feet, reckless tackle. no question in my mind that he was getting a caution for it.usual complaints "it's my first..." :rolleyes:

His captain comes up, "if you caution him this early ref you're really going to have to think about what you do for the next 80 minutes!"

I look at the player being cautioned "what he said". Lemon.

Game on.

Anyone heard that phrase before?
Yes and it's a valid point where the challenge is borderline careless/reckless. In the case you describe any player leaving the ground in the challenge cannot control his trajectory (once he has left the ground) and therefore the force and angle from which he will make contact with the ball/opponent.

Back