Votes: 4 30.8%
  • I feel the local association has nothing to offer me

Votes: 2 15.4%
  • Unable to attend meetings due to other commitments

Votes: 9 69.2%

• Total voters

Coops

Level 5 Referee
I'm new to this site and i am a level 5 referee. I referee in South Yorkshire for the Sheffield & Hallamshire CFA.
I am currently Chairman of the Sheffield & District Referees Association.

Follow us on twitter @sheffieldra

The Referee Store
Hi @Coops welcome to the site, think I already follow you on twitter, if not I soon will be :D

Ive already abused my powers and added a third option to your poll, I just don't have time to get to meetings, id love to, but work dictates that I cant attend :(

Enjoy the site :D

@Coops can you give me the details for the RA, I know it exists but I have a limited availability (half my weekends are spent in hull, the other half in Sheffield) and didn't know who to contact. I would love to start working my way up the ladder. I currently ref on the SDJSFL and also at the United academy, but would love the chance to ref other types of matches too. Can you point me in the right direction please?

Welcome to the site by the way :)

Morning,
Our meeting is this Thursday night and we start at 7.30 - Our meetings are held at the Carlton Club, 896 Gleadless Road, Sheffield, S12 2QF
Our guest speaker this month is Darren England Premier League & FIFA assistant referee who started refereeing in Sheffield County Senior League.
You are more than welcome to come to the meeting it would be great to see you. We can also point you in the right direction of who to contact to referee on other leagues.
How old are you?
Best regards
Paul Cooper
Chairman Sheffield RA

I'm only 14 so the only league that I am aware of that I can ref in is the SDJSFL, I will definitely come down to the meeting on Thursday. I know that there are representative matches (eg. Sheffield Schools Fa), how can I referee on those?
Thanks
HulkRef

I travel a lot during the week, so actually getting to an RA meeting midweek is a real issue for me, though I'd love to be able to get to one!

I'm gonna suggest at my next R.A. meet that they vary the date of the meeting each month rather than sticking to second tuesday / first thursday, whatever since the existing system clearly acts as a bar to some potential attendees

so if you don't hear from me again ........

I attend the meeting local to where I live. It tends to be quite poorly attended.

As for why that is, I don't know.

Back