A&H

Help - Category 7 Basic Referee Exam

GCS1982

Hi,

I’m sure this question has been asked several times, I have my basic referee category 7 exam next Monday (5th Nov). I was wondering if anyone could share any hints or tips that would be useful or your knowledge of doing the exam? Does anyone know where I can find any mock exams online? I have been wanting to do my refereeing for a long time so don’t really want to mess this one up. Any help from you guys/gals would be appreciated. I have just joined this site & got to say it is fantastic I look forward to reading the forums and gaining knowledge from everyone’s experience of refereeing.

The Referee Store
this would be a good place to start

http://areferee.com/soccer.php

obviously none of the tests are official so the answers (and questions) may not be 100% accurate but they're a good place to start

other than that, just read the laws over and over again!
Yes a little outdated (I think) but it is brilliant for getting to know your Laws and majority of questions are correct.

The exam will be multiple choice with questions of varying degree of difficulty I believe you have to achieve 75% to pass (correct me if I'm wrong)

Just don't go in nervous and stick to your gut instinct once you start changing answers that is when you start to lose marks. My advice stick with you FIRST answer.

Please let us know how it went.

Good luck.

I've only found one minor error (more poor phrasing) in the last 200 questions on areferee.com football side.
I think the last update has made it really solid.

Back