A&H

Help with putting cards through?

• Thread starter Deleted member 3014
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 3014

Hi folkes just ref’d my 6th game today bit naughty in the second half & booked 4 players.

I’m not sure what to put down for three of them on the whole game system.

One was dissent easy enough but as for the other three & please I know what I’m going to tell you will probably be a debate on it’s own but I felt fit to give yellows for the following & school boy error I didn’t put the minute of each booking in my book so not sure what to do with that apart from blag it.

1, goal scored player runs into net to retrieve ball keeper kicks him trips him up not that hard but kicks him.

2, as I’m turning around as ball goes out of play I catch a players arm close to the face of opponent it looks like there’s been a coming together and minimal contact made with arm on head I didn’t see the full incident just the end off it.

3, studs up challenge won ball but went through man not as dirty as it sounds but follow through border line dangerous it was his 2nd or 3rd slide so booked him.

Any ideas what i put for those three? As a couple of them sound like possible reds but tbh the game was naughty in second half if I had sent those two off I would have had to send off about 8 men.

The Referee Store
Hi folkes just ref’d my 6th game today bit naughty in the second half & booked 4 players.

I’m not sure what to put down for three of them on the whole game system.

One was dissent easy enough but as for the other three & please I know what I’m going to tell you will probably be a debate on it’s own but I felt fit to give yellows for the following & school boy error I didn’t put the minute of each booking in my book so not sure what to do with that apart from blag it.

1, goal scored player runs into net to retrieve ball keeper kicks him trips him up not that hard but kicks him.

2, as I’m turning around as ball goes out of play I catch a players arm close to the face of opponent it looks like there’s been a coming together and minimal contact made with arm on head I didn’t see the full incident just the end off it.

3, studs up challenge won ball but went through man not as dirty as it sounds but follow through border line dangerous it was his 2nd or 3rd slide so booked him.

Any ideas what i put for those three? As a couple of them sound like possible reds but tbh the game was naughty in second half if I had sent those two off I would have had to send off about 8 men.

1. Violent conduct

2, Serious Foul Play or Violent Conduct

3. Serious Foul Play

Hi mate.
First of all, yes these decisions have already happened but what age group were these players?

Well done giving the cards today, you have to be confident, so well done.

First point: Was the keeper kicking the ball and the attacker got in the way or did the keeper deliberately kick him.
Second point: Good to give the booking. That makes the players understand that if they do it again then they'll be in trouble.
Third point: The laws do not state that winning the ball means there is no foul. If the tackle was made with excessive force and the player in possession was in danger then a red card. However I wasn't there to witness it so I can only assume you made the correct decision.

Filing these incidents.
1) Unsporting Behaviour - Unspecified Behaviour
2) [same as part 1]
3) Either file it as a reckless challenge or dangerous play depending on the context of the situation

Hope this helped :)

[Q
Hi mate.
First of all, yes these decisions have already happened but what age group were these players?

First point: Was the keeper kicking the ball and the attacker got in the way or did the keeper deliberately kick him.
Second point: Good to give the booking. That makes the players understand that if they do it again then they'll be in trouble.
Third point: The laws do not state that winning the ball means there is no foul. If the tackle was made with excessive force and the player in possession was in danger then a red card. However I wasn't there to witness it so I can only assume you made the correct decision.

Filing these incidents.
2) [same as part 1]
3) Either file it as a reckless challenge or dangerous play depending on the context of the situation

Also did you give a red for any of these?

1. Violent conduct

2, Serious Foul Play or Violent Conduct

3. Serious Foul Play

Right so now I feel stupid because the words you’ve used there warrant reds or can you give yellows for those.

Hi mate.

Filing these incidents.
2) [same as part 1]

Right it was adult football

Keeper incident they both went to get ball out of net, keeper has made it look like he’s going for the ball but knew what he was doing, it was border line trip / kick, no more than a yellow and that’s what he got.

The arm near face I only caught the last second of it & both teams were at it all half verbal and niggle, I judged the fields reaction there was no appeal of punch or infact the only person complaining was the fella rolling round on floor acting like he’d been shot, a yellow felt right.

As for the tackle it was 50/50 he got the ball fair and square but it was more how he got the ball it looked a bit excessive & it was his 3rd slide so a yellow was the punishment for me.

All three sound worse than what they were & they fitted the game, I gave no reds for any of them & there was minimal complaints.

BUT I’ve made it tricky for myself as the actual wording for each would seem to point to red cards.

Right it was adult football

Keeper incident they both went to get ball out of net, keeper has made it look like he’s going for the ball but knew what he was doing, it was border line trip / kick, no more than a yellow and that’s what he got.

The arm near face I only caught the last second of it & both teams were at it all half verbal and niggle, I judged the fields reaction there was no appeal of punch or infact the only person complaining was the fella rolling round on floor acting like he’d been shot, a yellow felt right.

As for the tackle it was 50/50 he got the ball fair and square but it was more how he got the ball it looked a bit excessive & it was his 3rd slide so a yellow was the punishment for me.

All three sound worse than what they were & they fitted the game, I gave no reds for any of them & there was minimal complaints.

BUT I’ve made it tricky for myself as the actual wording for each would seem to point to red cards.

Fair enough. Id file them as I have stated

That isn't helpful. The key thing here is the name of the section - "New Referees". Someone has asked a genuine question and you have just further confused them. If you can't say anything constructive my advice would be say nothing.
I had a feeling it was a bit of sarcasm but to be honest after the game I’ve refereed today I’ll let that one go :)

As far as I'm aware you only need the minute of booking if you gave a red card.

Yes seems that way it’s the first cards I’ve had to put through & to be honest it wasn’t to tricky in the end as there was lots of deviations as to what catogory I could put them in.

Thanks for the help anyway.

From what you’ve written, and as you’ve already alluded to at least 2 of those could have been reds, however it’s really a case of you needed to be there to see them to make a proper judgement.

That isn't helpful. The key thing here is the name of the section - "New Referees". Someone has asked a genuine question and you have just further confused them. If you can't say anything constructive my advice would be say nothing.

No....I have offered them an alternative to consider in future. From what was written at least 2, if not all 3, could have been red card offences.........

Just because I chose not to dress it up in fluffy ego soothing language doesn't negate the validity of the post.

Maybe you should put a snowflake warning on your posts in this section Padders? I don't think you've said anything out of place but addressing a new ref with limited knowledge maybe needs some of your undoubted knowledge prescription in small doses and not in one big gulp!!

No....I have offered them an alternative to consider in future. From what was written at least 2, if not all 3, could have been red card offences.........

Just because I chose not to dress it up in fluffy ego soothing language doesn't negate the validity of the post.

Would have it hurt to say something like "the way you have described them they sound like red card offences to me"? As opposed to telling him to report them as red card offences when you know he can't do that as he only cautioned during the game.

As a couple of them sound like possible reds but tbh the game was naughty in second half if I had sent those two off I would have had to send off about 8 men.

Ah, I would say don't worry about it too much if you do have to send off 8 men. I know it isn't nice, and we all want to manage the game so everyone can stay on but it's probably better to err on the safe side of things and deal out the appropriate punishment. If that is 8 red cards, then it is 8 reds!

I had a sharp reminder of that situation this Saturday. There was one lad I probably should have sent off, and I didn't, and I let things go far too much and some of the players started to push their luck because of it. @_@ Not to worry though, it's all a learning experience. :)

Back