A&H

Junior/Youth he's already on a booking ref!

Kent Ref

RefChat Addict
Reffing an under 16s this morning and a player on a yellow fouled an opponent going towards the penalty area but away from goal (about 5 yards outside the area).

Possibly breaking up a promising attack but im not sure.

I then have 5 or 6 players from the other team saying "he's already on a booking ref, send him off".

I turned around and said "thanks for your help but it's not phone a friend yellow team".

Said player played no further part as he twisted his ankle and the last 5 minutes played out with no further incident.

Would you have considered the second yellow?

The Referee Store
I'm am not sure about the reason behind your question.

Would I consider a second yellow because he is on one already? Yes I would but because it would be a second I would use a more degree of certainty to give it.

Would I consider a second yellow because of the circumstances of 'stopping' a promising attack you described. Yes I would but I would need to know more or be there to see it to be able to say if it was a yellow. SPA has a lot more consideration than what you have given.

Would I consider a second yellow because the opponents ask me to. Of course not.

If the play is moving away from goal, it is hard to justify a caution for a promising attack. Sounds like it was not a booking.

Back