A&H

Open Age High foot

What is your punishment to the blue player?

• No foul

Votes: 2 5.9%
  • Yellow card

Votes: 29 85.3%
  • Red card

Votes: 3 8.8%

• Total voters
The Referee Store
Oops, seems like I'm the only one that's gone red atm.

Studs up, challenging in the air - for me I'd say red but can see yellow argued as well

Oops, seems like I'm the only one that's gone red atm.

Studs up, challenging in the air - for me I'd say red but can see yellow argued as well
I wouldn’t say a red is wrong here, but the ball is in the air and there to be challenged for and he’s relatively controlled, just gets beaten to it.

My gut is foul, no card. But, that's based on the angles given. Looking at refs position, angle is very different so could alter opinion

My gut is foul, no card. But, that's based on the angles given. Looking at refs position, angle is very different so could alter opinion
That was my "live" response to the broad view, but went for yellow having seen the other angle.

Not sure what I would have given at the time in person. My gut feeling is foul no card too.

Last edited:
Similar to the Mac Allister incident for me - can understand why in real time the officials have gone red given the manner in which the player has gone in, but IMO I'm not seeing excessive force or endangering the opponent's safety.

I just don’t see excessive force here.

The defender is also not really moving towards the attacker. It’s a poor attempt and an easy yellow. But I don’t want to support a red here. I think Mac A’s was a worse foul and more dangerous.

Last edited:
Confess I went into this one knowing that the decision was, so didn’t pipe up. Wonder what input (if any) the AR has given, as he must be pretty close and the ref goes straight to his left pocket.

Haven’t watched the incident with sound, maybe if it sounded a lot worse than the replays make it look. Y’know that awful crack noise, and you fear the worst but ends up being shinpad on shinpad.

Confess I went into this one knowing that the decision was, so didn’t pipe up. Wonder what input (if any) the AR has given, as he must be pretty close and the ref goes straight to his left pocket.

Haven’t watched the incident with sound, maybe if it sounded a lot worse than the replays make it look. Y’know that awful crack noise, and you fear the worst but ends up being shinpad on shinpad.
Totally understand - tbf I was sitting right above in the stand where it was and it did have that horrible crack noise, along with the bench and fan reaction I certainly don't blame the referee for choosing red.

Of course hindsight is a wonderful thing and I'm sure when he watches it back he will question if that was the right decision.

Back