A&H

I like it when players.......

haywain

the voice of reason
Level 7 Referee
As a counterpoint to the 'pet hates' thread, i thought some musings on the positive side of our footballing experiences would be good

First one that comes to mind is the player who berates his team-mates for their constant moaning and bitching at the referee.

The Referee Store
I like it when they spell difficult names out for me as they are going in the book.......;)

Reactions: SM
Nothing beats an advantage being played which leads to a goal. Only once in last 3 seasons - god it made me smile. Which I then tried to hide straight away.

:)

to paraphrase from Apocalypse Now

'I love the smell of Refchat in the morning'

A few. When in youth football the lads actually shake your hand at the end.

Managers who when their team lose actually thank you with a smile and not just berating you.

Good CARS who call things fairly and give good signals.

When you warn a player about something and they don't wander off muttering to themselves and listen to what you said.

But my favourite is good players. What ever age, when you see that player who has that bit of stardust in their boots and are a joy to watch. It makes getting all the abuse and getting out on a rainy Sunday morning when you see a real talent just gliding past people. Admittedly it doesn't happen that often!

Players that grip their own guys for being idiots or doing a stupid challenge are always a god send as they make your life so much easier.

...have that moment of realisation they've been a fecal matter and apologise for their dissent!

And mostly when players are running off a kebab and jagerbombs from the night before and thus you feel like Usain Bolt as you fly past them!

When a teammate agrees on a decision you've made when his mate is having a go at you, always nice to say 'look, even your own team agree!'!

When a player thanks you after the game / compliments you for something you've done. Any recognition really, we get that used to players having a go at us!!!:D

Back