A&H

If only all games were like this......

PinnerPaul

RefChat Addict
On Saturday I refereed an U16s game at a well known public school near me.

The pitch was easily the best I have ever been on - didn't need boots - slippers would have been fine!

When I asked the manager about it - he said it was because they didn't allow many teams to play on it - apparently the All Blacks use it for training when they are over here!

Was paid beforehand & everyone couldn't have been more welcoming, but the main thing was I didn't hear one swear word or any form of dissent from the pitch or sideline (By the end of the game there were about 100 people watching) for the whole match.

All the players and officials shook my hand afterwards. There was even an ambulance, paramedic car and a doctor there in case I collapsed at the end - which given the size and speed of the pitch and the game was a possibility!

Seriously, it did show that is IS possible to enjoy a competitive game of football without recourse to verbal abuse towards your opposition and/or the officials.

Womens PL line yesterday, not exactly hostile, but even there attitude to officials and decisions completely different to Saturday.

I'm back at the school twice more this month - can't wait!

The Referee Store
On Saturday I refereed an U16s game at a well known public school near me.

The pitch was easily the best I have ever been on - didn't need boots - slippers would have been fine!

When I asked the manager about it - he said it was because they didn't allow many teams to play on it - apparently the All Blacks use it for training when they are over here!

Was paid beforehand & everyone couldn't have been more welcoming, but the main thing was I didn't hear one swear word or any form of dissent from the pitch or sideline (By the end of the game there were about 100 people watching) for the whole match.

All the players and officials shook my hand afterwards. There was even an ambulance, paramedic car and a doctor there in case I collapsed at the end - which given the size and speed of the pitch and the game was a possibility!

Seriously, it did show that is IS possible to enjoy a competitive game of football without recourse to verbal abuse towards your opposition and/or the officials.

Womens PL line yesterday, not exactly hostile, but even there attitude to officials and decisions completely different to Saturday.

I'm back at the school twice more this month - can't wait!
Do you think they may have all thought it's a rugby game at the school ground? :)

Just been back for a 'First Team' - 18 year olds - game - pitch just as good - behaviour not quite so!

'Local derby' with arch rivals - was supposed to be a 'friendly' but wasn't very!

Over 100 people watching at the end - winning goal was greeted with a 'proper' cheer as well - not the norm for my sparsely attended matches!:)

Back