A&H

Injury procedure

If the player has received treatment, then he must leave the pitch. If he's only been assessed, as in just checking if there ok, then I let them stay on the pitch.
That isn't right, once you authorise someone to come onto the pitch the player has to leave, unless they were injured by a challenge that led to a caution.

 if the referee has authorised the doctors and/or stretcher bearers to enter the field of play, the player must leave on a stretcher or on foot.

The Referee Store
Yes if the Referee has authorised the physio to attend to the player then he must leave the pitch. If the player is just for example winded then I as a ref of Sunday league football I would let the player stay on the pitch.

Yes if the Referee has authorised the physio to attend to the player then he must leave the pitch. If the player is just for example winded then I as a ref of Sunday league football I would let the player stay on the pitch.
And as RustyRef has pointed out, that is wrong in law. No reason to ignore the law in open age football, although in youth football some local variations apply.

And as RustyRef has pointed out, that is wrong in law. No reason to ignore the law in open age football, although in youth football some local variations apply.
I don't think what he said in his second post is wrong in law. As long as the player does not receive treatment or assessed by 'a physio' then he can stay on field.

Edit: I would consider me authorising them to enter and then entering an assessment even if they have not physically attended to him.

I don't think what he said in his second post is wrong in law. As long as the player does not receive treatment or assessed by 'a physio' then he can stay on field.

Edit: I would consider me authorising them to enter and then entering an assessment even if they have not physically attended to him.
Not quite clear as to what you are saying here(?)
If the referee invites someone to come on to assess an injury, the player leaves afterwards (other than the exceptions listed in law, ofcourse)

Not quite clear as to what you are saying here(?)
If the referee invites someone to come on to assess an injury, the player leaves afterwards (other than the exceptions listed in law, ofcourse)
Correct and that is what he said. But then you said it is wrong in law.

Yes if the Referee has authorised the physio to attend to the player then he must leave the pitch.

And as RustyRef has pointed out, that is wrong in law.

Back