A&H

Open Age Interesting decision today...

HarryD

Hello refchat - been inactive for a while (again) but have returned...

First middle of the season today - long overdue!

72nd minute of the game - 2-0 to the home team.

Away team skipper had been cautioned two minutes previously for a reckless challenge. Nobody but him complained (naturally). The away team believe a handball offense has taken place 25 yards from goal to which I left them in no doubts that it was not a deliberate handball offence. One yard outside the penalty area, the away team skipper picks the ball up because he thinks the offence has committed and assumed I'd give the handball.

There are no attacking (home team) players within 5 yards of the ball. Before I reveal what I did, what would refchat do in this scenario?

The Referee Store
He stayed on the field :p

Gave a direct free kick, when he had a moan up I reminded him he’s been cautioned and his responsibilities as captain... and mainly to play to the whistle :D his team mates didn’t particularly take much notice - 3 in the book from them for C2 afterwards!

The player deliberately handled the ball. Simple DFK.

Now this is usually the point when players/fans start screaming for a yellow for "intentional handball", but since that isn't a thing a simple foul will do.

It was one of those irritating ones where one team are screaming for a second yellow, one team is screaming no offence committed (really??) and the only correct decision is to piss everyone off :D

Back