A&H

It's peeing it down here again

The Referee Store
Pretty much know that my game will be off on Saturday, pitch hasn't been played on since December. Shame, because I'd been given a decent game...

Just to cheer you up it has been bright sunshine in hull all day, reaching highs of 12-14. I would call that tropical :p

it hasn't gone unnoticed down here in leafy sussex that humberside has escaped the worst ravages of this winters' storms and heavy rain

I had a cup final on Sunday due for a 6:30pm kick off, at 5pm the pitch looked in good shape and playable. The team officials we went in had our cup of tea and biscuits and the groundsman asked us to take another look. At 5:40pm the natch was postponed as the pitch was just a bog and covered in standing water.

The rescheduled match is Sunday 23rd and I'm working and with holidays I cannot get the evening off so have had to come off the final :(

Can't believe that i've just seen a weather forecast promising temperatures as high as 17 centigrade over next weekend. yay!

Unbelievable. First middle in ages this weekend and just had the text that one of the teams can't get a side out ... :(

I had that on thursday, Russell. Paintball party meant only 6 available for footy.

emailed the league's fixtures secretary to let her know that the fixture wasn't going to happen and that i was available to ref if needed. picked up another game later that evening.

don't know how your league works but can't do any harm to email their fixtures sec

I had that on thursday, Russell. Paintball party meant only 6 available for footy.

emailed the league's fixtures secretary to let her know that the fixture wasn't going to happen and that i was available to ref if needed. picked up another game later that evening.

don't know how your league works but can't do any harm to email their fixtures sec
Did that two minutes after receiving the text, great minds think alike! If it doesn't happen though, then will console myself by watching England win the rugby ;)

Got a text about half an hour ago, mine's definitely on which is a bit of a surprise!

Back