A&H

Just for fun

Ben448844

RefChat Addict

Just come across this on Twitter. Firstly, is anyone giving a one here? Secondly, the score was West Ham 7-1 at the time of the penalty. Alvin Martin scores the penalty and become the only person to do what (a record that still stands btw)???

On another note. Interesting reaction from referee Bob Hamer once he'd given the penalty for handball to run past the goal line. Notice how hes mobbed by the Newcastle players too. We often think that in the old days footballers were gentleman and that these days they're much worse. This really isn't the case as those of us old enough remember well!

The Referee Store
I'm really struggling to see a foul there but may be the video quality.

When I first qualified you were taught to run beyond the goal line when giving a penalty, the argument being that if players ran after you it was an easy caution. That died out though.

Just come across this on Twitter. Firstly, is anyone giving a one here? Secondly, the score was West Ham 7-1 at the time of the penalty. Alvin Martin scores the penalty and become the only person to do what (a record that still stands btw)???

On another note. Interesting reaction from referee Bob Hamer once he'd given the penalty for handball to run past the goal line. Notice how hes mobbed by the Newcastle players too. We often think that in the old days footballers were gentleman and that these days they're much worse. This really isn't the case as those of us old enough remember well!
The only player to score a top flight hat-trick against three different goalkeepers.

I'm really struggling to see a foul there but may be the video quality.

When I first qualified you were taught to run beyond the goal line when giving a penalty, the argument being that if players ran after you it was an easy caution. That died out though.

The penalty was given for handball. I couldn't see an offence either

Roeder also returned to Newcastle for a spell in management. Paul Goddard was quite prolific for Newcastle when he played for us too

Roeder also returned to Newcastle for a spell in management. Paul Goddard was quite prolific for Newcastle when he played for us too
Roeder was our Nigel Adkins, media darling but just a turd polisher for his own frailties.
When’s the party arranged for as the Toon become the new Citee but with proper money! 😂

Back