A&H

Juventus vs Madrid

Jorik0907

Half expected this thread to be there already since I've seen some (Man U) based outrage online that Dybala didn't get a straight red for his tackle, as compared to Nani five years ago. Personally, I agreed with Cakir back then and now as well.

How does everyone feel about both tackles?

https://streamable.com/lhpag

The Referee Store
I think the reason why this one is more orange is because the boot doesn't go straight into his opponent's chest (which Nani's did unless I'm mistaken). This is definitely reckless, think he's only saved by the lack of greater force.

The footage is not clear if it was a straight red or not but reports say it was a yellow. Looks like a poor delivery of yellow/red.

For me it was not worthy of a straight red. His studs didn't make contact. He made contact with the side of the boot/foot, the knee was bent, force was moderate and not directly at the opponent. Can't remember the Nani incident.

The FA codes for USB are confusing. There's a code for Dangerous Play, but this is difficult to reconcile with the Law 12. I'd have booked the player under this code nonetheless, on the basis that whilst it was potentially dangerous, it lacked any 'excessive force or brutality'. In fact, the offender wasn't even looking where he was heading

I don't think the two incidents are really comparable. The Nani one is shown in the video below, that is a clear red card no matter how accidental it was.

Back