A&H

Keepers before kick off

Status
Not open for further replies.
I always do it. It's not just for the keepers, it alerts all the players that the game is about to start. It takes 2 seconds, it avoids possible unnecessary grief, it's expected, I can't see a reason not to do it.

Show me a clip of this weeks MOTD of it if its expected.

The Referee Store
Show me a clip of this weeks MOTD of it if its expected.
Are you intentionally ignoring the point everyone is making about grassroots rather than professional football, or are you just bypassing those comments to suit your own arguments?

Are you intentionally ignoring the point everyone is making about grassroots rather than professional football, or are you just bypassing those comments to suit your own arguments?

No, am saying its not the done thing. grass roots is a preparation ground for the next step, folk would do well to iron out little idiosyncrasies as soon as they can, thus making the transition to the next step more seemless.

I dont for one minute suggest that each and every last detail is in the book, but, there is a reason its not in the book....its not necessary
So as much as doing it may enlighten your life, not doing it, is perfectly fine also, i.e unnecessary.......and usually when folk do things, its because they have a benefit....

Last edited:
grass roots is a preparation ground for the next step

No it isn't. Neither I nor any of the players I referee are going any higher than we are now. We're very happy here. And we prefer to check we're all ready before we kick off.

If that's alright with you of course.

No it isn't. Neither I nor any of the players I referee are going any higher than we are now. We're very happy here. And we prefer to check we're all ready before we kick off.

If that's alright with you of course.

Course it is.
Can I rephrase? "some" folk who are doing grass roots aspire to a higher level. For them, grass roots is a stepping stone to the next level.
To have no ambition, is surely to have no life......
If anyone is content with mediocrity then is there really a point??

Course it is.
Can I rephrase? "some" folk who are doing grass roots aspire to a higher level. For them, grass roots is a stepping stone to the next level.
To have no ambition, is surely to have no life......
If anyone is content with mediocrity then is there really a point??
Because they enjoy it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back