A&H

KFTPM Sanctions

one

RefChat Addict
1534395009301.png

What if the kick is scored and the goalkeeper offence is a direct red card offence (e.g. spitting or OFFINABUS)?

The Referee Store
View attachment 2346

What if the kick is scored and the goalkeeper offence is a direct red card offence (e.g. spitting or OFFINABUS)?

??? The quote from the LOTG is for where both players offend, but your example only refers to the goal keeper offending.

I think you mean that the taker will have breach the procedure for the KFTPM? If so, you woudl caution the taker for the Law 14 offence and the goal keeper for Law 12 offence.

??? The quote from the LOTG is for where both players offend, but your example only refers to the goal keeper offending.

I think you mean that the taker will have breach the procedure for the KFTPM? If so, you woudl caution the taker for the Law 14 offence and the goal keeper for Law 12 offence.
I assume you mean send off the keeper ;)

As a guess I say we record the penalty as missed. Whikst laws only give the lowest level of sanction I would expect the severity of the sanction to increase but the outcomes to remain the same.

I thought the context of the question made it clear. Yes both offend but what if...

To make the point clear, same context what if the kicker's offence is a red card offence.

The point is the law states the sanctioning outcome in KFTPM under those circumstances for 'an' offence, not 'a law 14' offence.

Whikst laws only give the lowest level of sanction
That is what you (and I) are expecting to mean but it is not what it actually says. What it says is "the kicker is cautioned".

I thought the context of the question made it clear. Yes both offend but what if...

To make the point clear, same context what if the kicker's offence is a red card offence.

The point is the law states the sanctioning outcome in KFTPM under those circumstances for 'an' offence, not 'a law 14' offence.

That is what you (and I) are expecting to mean but it is not what it actually says. What it says is "the kicker is cautioned".
True.
But the keeper hasnt committed a law 14 offence. So we are dealing with that separately under law 12.

In a situation of both making a law 14 offences then the summary table outlines correct actions.

So my opinion and if I was reffing I would deal with the law 14 infringement as only the attacker committing an offence.

And then send the goalie off for law 12 offence.

20180816_103223.jpg

Last edited:
The decision on the Law 12 offence would be if the penalty kick had already been completed when it occured?

If so, disallow the goal and dismiss the player.
If not, dismiss the player and re-start with another penalty for the Law 12 offence.

The decision on the Law 12 offence would be if the penalty kick had already been completed when it occured?

If so, disallow the goal and dismiss the player.
If not, dismiss the player and re-start with another penalty for the Law 12 offence.
We are at KFTPM. How can you restart with a penalty for a law 12 offence? :confused:

@JamesL
Lets say the offences by both players are "verbally distracts an opponent" (or some other Law 12 cautionable offence). Does the LOTG quote in the OP imply cautioning both players?

As per some of my previous threads, what I have done is pointing to what i think is a loopholes in the LOTG. I Understand what you are doing is a workaround on what should be the correct decision (closing the loophole) which is what I would do as well if the situation arises. But nonetheless, there is a loophole. An offence is an offence, any offence. The quote in the OP does not say "If both the goalkeeper and kicker commit a Law 14 offence at the same time".

Is it just me or does anyone else think there are far too many permutations here?
YES, one of my darkest days giving a retake when it should have been an IDFK to a defending team on a saved penalty, very confusing when you've 10 players around you!! Where is that Mr Google when you need him most!! :)

On a related note, had a pen yesterday, well saved, my NAR stuck up his flag. I talked to him snd he said the GK was 2m off. Harsh but I had to order the retake, scored of course, and give the YC.

Idiot check: YC under not respecting distance, yes?

NARs were a little experienced but patchy. I don’t put pens in the pre match. Next time I think I will have a word prior to the kick,

On a related note, had a pen yesterday, well saved, my NAR stuck up his flag. I talked to him snd he said the GK was 2m off. Harsh but I had to order the retake, scored of course, and give the YC.

Idiot check: YC under not respecting distance, yes?

NARs were a little experienced but patchy. I don’t put pens in the pre match. Next time I think I will have a word prior to the kick,

Not to be pedantic but isn't the NAR correct to flag, harsh or not?

Next time I think I will have a word prior to the kick,

As best practice, you should be briefing before the commencement of the KFTPM to ensure that know what you want. Some referees tell them only to act as goal judge in this situation, as they can concentrate on the keeper and unlike other penalties, encroachment.

Because that's the catch-all that this falls under according to IFAB? :)

It can't be failing to respect the distance, because the distance isn't proscribed in the Law for this one... what is proscribed is a line's worth of position to stand in.

In addition to that, a penalty kick isn't quite considered a "free kick", it's a bit of a different beast, as established elsewhere in the Laws, and the specific reason for caution for failing to respect distance reads:

failing to respect the required distance when play is restarted with a corner kick, free kick or throw-in

Back