Kick-off - YES !! !!

Alex71

RefChat Addict
Level 5 Referee
KO.PNG

First time I've seen it :)

Romania v Switzerland

The BBC website recorded it like this:
The Swiss take their kick-off backwards, baffling Pat Nevin in the process. That's a new rule change as of 1 June. You can smack it anywhere you want now. Shoot if you want.

The Referee Store
England Women did it. Still an illegal kickoff as it's he's in the opposition half :), will be the case with majority of backwards kick-offs!

England Women did it. Still an illegal kickoff as it's he's in the opposition half :), will be the case with majority of backwards kick-offs!
He's standing on the halfway line which has been declared as neither half or both halves in the new laws (can't be bothered to fire up my copy to give you a page reference)

Only references I can find is regarding offside

A player is in an offside position if: any part of the head, body or feet is in the opponents’ half (excluding the halfway line)

Explanation Clarifies that the halfway line is ‘neutral’ for offside i.e. a player must have part of the body in the opponents’ half to be in an offside position.

Only references I can find is regarding offside

A player is in an offside position if: • any part of the head, body or feet is in the opponents’ half (excluding the halfway line)

Explanation Clarifies that the halfway line is ‘neutral’ for offside i.e. a player must have part of the body in the opponents’ half to be in an offside position.
I'm sure there's another part which says that laws should not be viewed in isolation of each other so you could rely on that to allow the kick to be taken as shown.

Back