A&H

Leeds v Wigan

Are there any precedents suggesting 'closed doors' makes a difference?
My take on it, if we accept ridiculous behaviour on the FOP, what do we expect from the stands?

Probably not as I don't think it has happened much if at all in England. If you don't try though you won't know, and common sense though suggests that a club will take more notice of losing £1 million in revenue than they will of being slapped with a £50k fine. Clearly something has to be done as it is getting worse and we are heading back towards the old days of trouble at every game.

The Referee Store
Celtic got made to replay a home European game at Old Trafford in 80s.
Because a bottle was thrown on, nowhere near a Vienna player.

Since then they have had fans strike a match official with a coin, bursting his head open, had fans run on and confront players, throw pyro stuff at players, a bag of excrement was thrown from the Celtic end into Stranraer fans a few years back in a cup tie.

2 weeks ago, they beat St Mirren away, a fire thing exploded, scaring the St Mirren gk and indeed 2 Celtic players
St Mirren could have walked off, but, in reality, its Celtic that should, to send a message its not acceptable
my take on it? Game should have been replayed the next day at 10am behind closed doors. Or, 3-0 win to St Mirren. Fans cant behave? Fans cant get to see it

desperate times call for desperate measures.

Maybe it came out wrong what I meant was quite a few of the people who sit in that stand spend more time abusing the opposition players than watching the game.But people who I know who sit in their are just innocent supporters of Leeds who go there to watch their team
I can't take the kids to away games, as the language and behaviour is vile. A big section of the NUFC away crowd are paraletic
I ran the line at step 6 for a ref who had a forgettable 90 mins recently. The relentless insults and abuse from a group of morons behind me was eye watering. Anything goes in football. As long as the commercial side of the game is thriving at very top, nothing else matters. This mirrors society in general really

I can't take the kids to away games, as the language and behaviour is vile. A big section of the NUFC away crowd are paraletic
I ran the line at step 6 for a ref who had a forgettable 90 mins recently. The relentless insults and abuse from a group of morons behind me was eye watering. Anything goes in football. As long as the commercial side of the game is thriving at very top, nothing else matters. This mirrors society in general really
Completely agree with what you have said I should be able to take my young cousins with me to watch a game of football without them having to hear all the swear words under the sun there is supporting your team and being passionate and just being a bunch of mindless drunk idiots

Back