A&H

LEI vs BOU

The Referee Store
......Quite clearly the referee hasn’t made a clear and obvious error....Now, did someone say the Pizza had arrived??? 😂

......Quite clearly the referee hasn’t made a clear and obvious error....Now, did someone say the Pizza had arrived??? 😂

It depends what they class as a clear and obvious error.

What has pizza got to do with anything? Or are you going to suggest that VAR aren't allowed to eat all day?

We need foreign refs doing the VAR. Otherwise I suspect the mentality is same as the referee's instructions. "We're a team but do what I do". Plus I presume we the supporters are actual paying for 3 extra officials in each game to do bugger all. They are virtual alright - they may not really exist.

It depends what they class as a clear and obvious error.

What has pizza got to do with anything? Or are you going to suggest that VAR aren't allowed to eat all day?
Maybe I was suggesting that their may be selective blindness whilst otherwise engaged...

We need foreign refs doing the VAR. Otherwise I suspect the mentality is same as the referee's instructions. "We're a team but do what I do". Plus I presume we the supporters are actual paying for 3 extra officials in each game to do bugger all. They are virtual alright - they may not really exist.
For all the PGMOL have gone way too far, I'd still rather have that than the equivalent, yet contrasting circus we've seen elsewhere around the world

For all the PGMOL have gone way too far, I'd still rather have that than the equivalent, yet contrasting circus we've seen elsewhere around the world

My sentiments exactly, lets not forget that people on here were moaning like you wouldn't believe about VAR being used to spot the minutest of contact to give penalties at the likes of the World Cup. I do think PGMOL have set the bar too high, but much rather that than the European style.

It's not either or is it? You could have a mindset where the test is "was that clearly a foul?" not "had I seen that from the referee's angle could I have made the same error?"

At the moment it's clear and obvious that the test is the even worse one for the ref that not even VAR can see how he made such a bad mistake.

My sentiments exactly, lets not forget that people on here were moaning like you wouldn't believe about VAR being used to spot the minutest of contact to give penalties at the likes of the World Cup. I do think PGMOL have set the bar too high, but much rather that than the European style.
The bar is way too high, there have been multiple C&O errors this season not corrected and it has become a farce for spectators/players/officials. Many are rightly asking, what is the point? Correct me if I'm wrong, but no subjective decision has been changed yet, and it is going to take a full on missed punch for them to correct anything.

The bar is way too high, there have been multiple C&O errors this season not corrected and it has become a farce for spectators/players/officials. Many are rightly asking, what is the point? Correct me if I'm wrong, but no subjective decision has been changed yet, and it is going to take a full on missed punch for them to correct anything.
This.

I have a feeling they have come up with their own protocol without so much as saying it. I think what they are following is not "Is the referee clearly wrong?" but "Was the referee looking at it?" (deliberately didn't use the words "seen it"). So I'd say even a full on punch is not going to get reviewed had the referee been looking at it.

It baffles me that a PL standard referee can look at multiple replays of the OP and not think it's a red card. One of the few times I agree with a pundit "I only need 5 seconds to tell you that... is a red card!"

This.

I have a feeling they have come up with their own protocol without so much as saying it. I think what they are following is not "Is the referee clearly wrong?" but "Was the referee looking at it?" (deliberately didn't use the words "seen it"). So I'd say even a full on punch is not going to get reviewed had the referee been looking at it.

It baffles me that a PL standard referee can look at multiple replays of the OP and not think it's a red card. One of the few times I agree with a pundit "I only need 5 seconds to tell you that... is a red card!"
*Clear penalty*
Ref: "I've seen the incident, no foul for me"
VAR: "Okay, nothing from me then"

The way they are doing it is a complete waste of VAR. As some have said, it may as well just be an offside adjudicator in this state.

I can never understand why some members pour over the detail of the protocol, because its never been worth the paper its written on
Sometimes I think the same of the LOTG TBH.
Mr Moss yesterday for example

But isn't this exactly what some posters wanted? VaR that didn't interfere?

Make your minds up, do you want VAR that hardly get involved and where no infield reviews are used, or do you want VAR that sticks it's oar in at every available opportunity but gets decisions right?

Make your minds up, do you want VAR that hardly get involved and where no infield reviews are used, or do you want VAR that sticks it's oar in at every available opportunity but gets decisions right?

You say that like there's no happy medium. All of the controversial decisions could have been nulled had the referee gone to look at the on-field review monitor. Run over, look at a couple of replays, run back. Takes a minute, 2 at absolute most. Even if you disagree, you can at least say the referee has seen it. There's a happy medium

Reactions: JH
You say that like there's no happy medium. All of the controversial decisions could have been nulled had the referee gone to look at the on-field review monitor. Run over, look at a couple of replays, run back. Takes a minute, 2 at absolute most. Even if you disagree, you can at least say the referee has seen it. There's a happy medium
The Monitor is the very worst aspect of VAR. Circus...can't think of a better word for that pa-lava. The VAR might ultimately end up refereeing the game. Something along the lines of, 'hey Tierney, you just missed a stone wall penalty whilst staring right at it. No need to take a second look and subject the crowd to the pantomime on the sideline...PK'
This is not what i want, but the genie is out of the box now

Maybe I was suggesting that their may be selective blindness whilst otherwise engaged...

So accusing them of not doing their job properly?

But the people have said repeatedly they don't want any infield reviews.

I'm bored of the constant whinging, it's all "Oh VAR is rubbish and ruins the flow of the game" one minute, and the next it's all "oh VAR should over turned that decision, it's rubbish because they're aren't doing their job."

But isn't this exactly what some posters wanted? VaR that didn't interfere?

Sticking their oar in when the referee's decision is wrong... What's wrong with that?

Back