A&H

Level 4 promotions

Status
Not open for further replies.
And how about getting injured?
Again, i take it quite carefully as its not serious. I've played for 7 or 8 years and only ever been injured, seriously, once. Its a risk I will take for now. Maybe not so much if I have the opportunity to go any further but for the time being I'll continue in a similar fashion as to how I have done. I see it as good sprint training. If I wasnt playing I'd be doing some other high intensity activity which carries similar risk.

The Referee Store
I banned my son (25) from playing 5-side with his mates as I've have to sign a 2-year Van Hire contract on his behalf, £400 a month still need paying even if he breaks his leg!!!

Last edited:
Again, i take it quite carefully as its not serious. I've played for 7 or 8 years and only ever been injured, seriously, once. Its a risk I will take for now. Maybe not so much if I have the opportunity to go any further but for the time being I'll continue in a similar fashion as to how I have done. I see it as good sprint training. If I wasnt playing I'd be doing some other high intensity activity which carries similar risk.
Fair enough, I hope you can control the competitive nature of all challenges during your kickabout, even those that aren't your own.

Fair enough, I hope you can control the competitive nature of all challenges during your kickabout, even those that aren't your own.
I cant Brian, but I accept the risk in doing so. I understand your concerns. By default I expect to play less anyway as I expect to be out refereeing more so I might be come surplus anyway as an unreliable team member.

I cant Brian, but I accept the risk in doing so. I understand your concerns. By default I expect to play less anyway as I expect to be out refereeing more so I might be come surplus anyway as an unreliable team member.
Make sure your MOAS is up to date when you want to play ;)

I had a decent fitters mate 20 years ago in the ductwork game, cracking 'lad' and a decent midfielder too, I got THAT phonecall one saturday afternoon that he was in hospital and had suffered a serious leg injury. I went to see him that tuesday night, he was propped up in bed with a cage around his Tib & Fib, he'd broke it in 8 places FFS!!! He was off work 9-months, came back on light duties (NO climbing) and then jacked in completely because he was no use to me fitting ductwork.. I saw him last year, still gets pain on certain days, never played football since, worked in a tile shop after he left us... He'd got no insurance as it was a 'friendly' between friends and even tried unsuccessfully suing the player that did it... May not be deliberate but its crazy playing football when your job or your refereeing career is at stake!

Last edited:
A word of advice - stop playing football. If you get suspended, you may have to make an embarrassing phone call

At least he does have to ring Jerry Jones to say he is injured and cannot do the match on Saturday! Your refereeing career would have been significantly harmed, as the voodoo doll would have been out. :dead: would be the only excuse.

So if people get advised not to play football in case they get injured does that mean at level 4 and above you need to jack in anything which may injure you, such as cycling, running and going to the gym

And how about getting injured?
And for those of us who dont have MOAS access yet? Or am I to assume we will get email invite for FT and MOAS on completion?

How is every1s training going? I have a foot problem, which I have nearly cured but has limited me to bike and cross trainer.

Played football for 1st time in about 7-8 weeks on Tuesday and fingers crossed came through it okay.

I've played once or twice a week pretty much throughout being a L4 and I know others do as well. I have always said I will pack it in if I get 3 so will no longer play this season (apart from perhaps the odd small sided game). Obviously be careful with discipline, however I did find Sunday league referees horrendously lenient. I found you could always gauge the referee's style within the first 10 and know what you can and can't get away with. However I did always find they were extra lenient on me! ;) (One even winked at me as he booked a player that fouled me- but thats another story!!!)

In terms of giving up playing though, I found it a great way to stay in touch with the other side of the game and at the end of the day its something I still love. Injuries can happen anywhere, and frankly wrapping ourselves in cotton wool from Sunday to Saturday morning would be a depressing existence. Just if you do get injured, you did it whilst 'training'!! ;)

Quick regarding venues for the fitness test, how many locations do they use? Are they regionalised or are people expected to travel 100's of miles to attend?

Quick regarding venues for the fitness test, how many locations do they use? Are they regionalised or are people expected to travel 100's of miles to attend?
Regionalised. Depending on your availability on the dates available, usually travel not much further than 40 miles to a venue.

So if people get advised not to play football in case they get injured does that mean at level 4 and above you need to jack in anything which may injure you, such as cycling, running and going to the gym
Depends how seriously you want to take your refereeing

Regionalised. Depending on your availability on the dates available, usually travel not much further than 40 miles to a venue.
Thanks Brian,
Someone posted 2 likely dates and was a little concerned as both dates 11th June & 9th July are weekends in away! So was thinking, hopefully there's more dates or more regionalised so at least I can attend where I'm located that weekend

Ryan I'd be working out which one of them weekends away you want to cancel or you won't be starting the season!

There'll be alternative dates in August and September but you'll miss fixtures for at least that month if not the one after as well.

Welcome to being a level 4!

Ryan I'd be working out which one of them weekends away you want to cancel or you won't be starting the season!

There'll be alternative dates in August and September but you'll miss fixtures for at least that month if not the one after as well.

Welcome to being a level 4!
Won't be cancelling any! I'll work around it

What's your plan?
If they're regionalised I'll travel from where I am & if I can't so be it! But I won't be cancelling my kids holiday or my best mates wedding, let's get this in perspective it's refereeing not my life! Family and friends are so hopefully there's a test on the Sunday within a decent distance

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back