A&H

Little help from the Welsh (or anyone who knows)

jack.prescott

Work hard, stay humble
Level 6 Referee
I'm hopefully off to uni in a couple of years, if I were to get into a university in wales, I assume my level would be converted to the equivalent welsh grade. If I got promoted while in Wales would that be reflected when I move back home after studying?

The Referee Store
As far as I know, you would retain your current English FA level and be classed as a visiting referee operating under international clearance. Should you seek promotion, the English FA would ask the Welsh FA to arrange some assessments. The assessments would then be sent to your County FA for review to decide if you had earned the promotion.

What I imagine you're better off doing is transfering over to the Welsh FA entirely for time of your studies, unless of course you are intent on returning to England on the weekends. As a 7 you'll be a 4a in Wales unles they revert back to the proper system.

What ever you do don't allow them to tell you are a lower level, when I affiliated to the West Wales FA as a 6 they tried telling me I would be a 7 in Wales as "the standard of football is much higher" I laughed so hard I think I offended the guy.

As far as I know, you would retain your current English FA level and be classed as a visiting referee operating under international clearance. Should you seek promotion, the English FA would ask the Welsh FA to arrange some assessments. The assessments would then be sent to your County FA for review to decide if you had earned the promotion.

This must mean your on the international FIFA list if you're awaiting international clearance.

Next stop Millennium Stadium!

Generally speaking, from what I know of people coming/going it goes like this:

If your English and you transfer to Wales, your level will be the same (converted to the Welsh system, but of same standing)
If your Welsh and transfer to England, your level will be 'degraded'.

A level 3A in Wales might be a 6 in England. Naturally this is as the standard is higher.

Back