A&H

LIV TOT

The Referee Store
Wasn't really watching, but wasn't it too far up his arm for the new law? Seemed to strike it quite high.

Didn't see it either (what minute? It wasn't part of highlights package) but if a bicep can put you in offside position, as given numerous times, then it can't also be given as handball.

On the Tottenham goal, I was pleasantly surprised that the AR call stood but I was expecting VAR to play around with the lines until it's changed to offside. That's what I am used to seeing for close calls.

I think the "too high up his arm" argument isn't correct at all. Yes, it maybe makes contact with the sleeve, but the sleeve has ridden down due to the angle of his arm - and it also clearly contacts the inside of his elbow. In terms of position on the arm, there's a definitely argument for handball.

The defence against it is that his arm is arguably only up there due to Salah forcing it up. Interestingly, although we all "know" that shouldn't be handball, I'm actually not convinced that kind of exemption is in the laws any more! I'm not shouting for a penalty there because of it, but I think if you were brand new to football and were going simply off a strict reading of the law, you'd be wondering why that wasn't given!

The game was great but VAR was shown up again. The offside call and Dier handball both seemed arbitrary. And Taylor desperately needed help in his diagonal as he gave Liverpool 3 wrong corners and missed a Son dive. Important decisions - wrong - leading to scoring opportunities.

And I have no idea what the last goal check was for.

VAR just seems so pointless.

Over the moon with the result natch

Back