A&H

liverpool, Middlesbrough

jofusref

RefChat Addict
did any one else notice another referee in a tracksuit sitting beside the 4th official, in this game seemed a bit odd

The Referee Store
Sunderland fans everywhere delighted at being substituted for 'Boro in this thread;)

As a 'Pool fan for 37 years I tell you now... we will struggle next season. There is no way this team is good enough to compete in the last 16 of the ECL and a gruelling Prem.

Sturridge was a dog yesterday, really poor. Love Milner but our full backs are just not up to it. Clyne offers little going forward. Can and Wiji look great when it's all action but look poor when it comes to the need for tiki taka. It was like Coutinho was playing on his own yesterday. And no other dribblers except Mane. The squad doesn't just lack depth, it's wafer thin. Only Matip, Lallana, Coutinho and maybe Firminho and Mane seem to have it. I know Klopp loves Firminho but he has been poor for weeks.

I am surprised we are not talking about the biggest decision of the season for Liverpool and Arsenal. If Atkinson gives the pen against Lovren in the first half I think it changes everything. I think he could have easily given it and a RC. It's a push in the back, in the box. Would love to have been a fly on the wall for the AR conversation at half time.

It's also why Oliver is my prem ref of the season over Atkinson;)

Have seen those guys a few times. Often wondered what they are doing. I've often thought they are the championship guys observing how the premier league differs in readiness for a step up , but reserve assistant is probably a better shout.

Totally not a Liverpool fan but at match speed I didn't think it was a pen! It just looked like a coming together!!
Obviously when you slow these things down its a trip outside the box BUT I watched it and I wasn't shouting PENALTY when it happened!!!

Ironically I was calling for a penalty in the Sheffield Wed V Huddersfield game in the first half (granted it can be seen to be biased on that one) but the Huddersfield attacker definitely got there first and the Wendie keeper took him out!! Thoughts on that my porcine friends???

Have seen those guys a few times. Often wondered what they are doing. I've often thought they are the championship guys observing how the premier league differs in readiness for a step up , but reserve assistant is probably a better shout.
i must look closer lol, first time spoting it

There are no reserve assistants on PL games, they only get appointed to Wembley games so semi-finals and finals. So whoever the track suited people are I don't think they are match officials.

thats what i thought but he was wearing an identical tracksuit to the 4th official even down to the badges

thats what i thought but he was wearing an identical tracksuit to the 4th official even down to the badges

Well no extra official listed on MOAS. Could perhaps be a guest of the referee, although if so he really should be sitting up in the stand. More likely I'd guess someone about to be promoted to the PL who they are giving an experience of a match day to.

I am surprised we are not talking about the biggest decision of the season for Liverpool and Arsenal. If Atkinson gives the pen against Lovren in the first half I think it changes everything. I think he could have easily given it and a RC. It's a push in the back, in the box. Would love to have been a fly on the wall for the AR conversation at half time.

It's also why Oliver is my prem ref of the season over Atkinson;)

Except Oliver didn't give the even more stonewall Milner on Sterling penalty back in March.

Totally not a Liverpool fan but at match speed I didn't think it was a pen! It just looked like a coming together!!
Obviously when you slow these things down its a trip outside the box BUT I watched it and I wasn't shouting PENALTY when it happened!!!

Ironically I was calling for a penalty in the Sheffield Wed V Huddersfield game in the first half (granted it can be seen to be biased on that one) but the Huddersfield attacker definitely got there first and the Wendie keeper took him out!! Thoughts on that my porcine friends???

I was personally screaming for a penalty ... but that might be because a Boro fan who desperately wanted to see us have a shot, nevermind a goal!

I wasn't going to offer an opinion, being a Boro fan born and bred (grew up within earshot of Ayresome Park) but since you've broken the ice, I thought it was a penalty as well, bias notwithstanding.

I wasn't going to offer an opinion, being a Boro fan born and bred (grew up within earshot of Ayresome Park) but since you've broken the ice, I thought it was a penalty as well, bias notwithstanding.

You're my kind of guy!

Paddy has said in the media that he questioned the referee about his decision at HT and said the referee didn't give it because he slowed his run down before the defender made contact. If that's true, I don't see how that justifies the decision because he still bundled him over ... I can't work out if I'm seeing this in blue tinted glasses or not

I am a massive Liverpool fan (35 years and counting) and I thought it was a pen and MA bottled it. I am making an excuse for him by saying his view might have been obstructed by the defender. It's just an excuse though and the AR should have also called it.

I'm going for FK outside the area and RC. I think by the time the player makes it into the area, he's already been knocked off balance by the foul and is in the process of falling, but I don't think there's actually further foul contact inside the area.

Back