A&H

Liverpool v Everton

Charlie Jones

Work Until You Don't Have To Introduce Yourself
Lets forget the score for a second and how terrible Everton were ...

did anyone watch this game and see Funes Mori's challenge on Origi? if you did then I presume you also heard the commentators express their surprise in a red card?

am I the only guy that was sitting there thinking ... nailed on red, and 'probably' great team work between the AR and Bobby Madley?

discuss ...

The Referee Store
aye, there was so much wrong about that tackle and the AR was bang on
as you saw in the replay, the AR could be seen mouthing "that was a horrible one"
what got me though was Mori's reaction as he was walking off.... what an absolute to**pot . what makes players think that as its a derby they are allowed to play in that manner ?
Carragher was spot on when he sounded off about him saying that he's been at the club two minutes so what did he think he was playing at, and how discgraceful he was.

officials were similarly, bang on
also, im sure Graeme Jones dug him (the player) out on his way off the pitch, which would suggest that he agrees with you @Charlie Jones

oh yes, the badge kissing? what is that all about ... I know there is a rivalry between clubs but when your 2-0 down and have just been sent off for a horrific challenge ... not even your own supporters will love you.

I did see that too @richard ramjane ... looked like he was giving him a right earful, and rightly so! Klopp looked very concerned straight away.

apparently is 'just' a twisted ligament ... I say just as it could have very easily been an ankle snapper

no place for challenges like that, or the reaction ... did you seem him mouthing off to Bobby? hopefully that's in the match report and he gets a Vardy treatment

yeah hopefully he'll get a decent ban for that.
think they said the injury has turned out to be a sprain, but, a sprain can actually have a longer recovery time than a break sometimes. personally i hope not as Origi has been fairly impressive so far, a young lad just getting on with his job and doesnt deserve to be treated like that

Origi has ben amazing the last few weeks. I am gutted for him and the the lads ahead of the semi.
Good work from the officials.

Lets forget the score for a second and how terrible Everton were ...

did anyone watch this game and see Funes Mori's challenge on Origi? if you did then I presume you also heard the commentators express their surprise in a red card?

am I the only guy that was sitting there thinking ... nailed on red, and 'probably' great team work between the AR and Bobby Madley?

discuss ...
I was a little surprised it did turn out to be red, but only because the referee's initial reaction was so mild - quick peep on the whistle, walking (not running) towards the incident.

As others have suggested, the AR seemed to be suggesting it was a bad tackle and I suspect it wasn't until Madley had a chat with him through the earpieces that it "became" a red card. Without the AR's input, that would have been a caution at most. It's a shame that fact may well get lost.

Having not seen a replay, I'll admit to being surprised at seeing the red card. However, on second viewing it was a horrible challenge, I just hope Origi isn't too seriously injured; he must be in with a shout of being in the Belgium squad for the Euros?

Great work from the officials and well done to Peter Kirkup, who I think spotted it.

I am certain it was the AR who said it was red card worthy challenge as the referee's initial reaction was to put his hand in his left hand pocket, presumably where the yellow card was before a change of mind & 2nd opinion, then going to his back pocket instead, unless he had forgotten where he had put his red card!

Mori's reaction was typical of the disrespect and contempt many modern day footballer's have, I know I am going to get a card anyway, so let's boot the ball away as far as possible.

The actual showing of the card was a prime example of how not to do it and highlighted the difference between what the good book states the procedure should be, which us boys at grass roots are expected to follow and how the professionals totally disregard that. Standing in the middle of a crowd of players and flash a red card towards a player who has already walked away! :eek:

Could have been a career ending challenge. Hope he has the ban extended

His actions after the card were deplorable. Terrible attitude and I've spent the day working with an evertonian today who said he hopes he never plays for them again. He was at the game and said the Everton fans were absolutely fuming with him, and the kissing the badge just angered them more.

You could tell a lot of the Liverpool fans didn't see how bad it was at the time just from their reaction and the fact they were more annoyed he kicked the ball away than the original challenge.
I actually didn't see it but was sure it was at least a yellow but as soon as I saw the replay there was obviously no doubt. A horrible challenge with no place in the game.

Back