A&H

Mags v Reds

Big Cat

RefChat Addict
Level 4 Referee
Possibly our only chance of winning up in smoke as goal seemingly negates DOGSO
Marriner a very competent ref , but this was blunder was apparent in real-time

The Referee Store
I'd say a red card and penalty, at this stage of the game, is a much better advantage than a goal.

He also can't have played advantage as he never booked TAA

I'd say a red card and penalty, at this stage of the game, is a much better advantage than a goal.

Goal or (RC and Pen) at that point in the game
Absolutely no comparison. Unless ur a ref, although I fancy AM simply missed it
Alas, this is why the other evil (VAR) has emerged over the horizon (although I'm not that confident VAR would have reached the right outcome either)

Last edited:
Not sure why Milner didn't get two YCs in very quick succession for RP and SPA
Only poor game I've seen AM have this season. Club Marks have taken a hit, although he's long past caring about such things

Only poor game I've seen AM have this season. Club Marks have taken a hit, although he's long past caring about such things

Yep was absolutely nailed on

I only caught the last few mins but have just seen the incidents... Liverpool were unbelievably lucky to come away with 11 on the field and three points.

Deffo dive from Fab before the own goal (embarrassing of the Div to claim it). Though little foul just before. Hilarious how Virgil got Shaq to take the DFK!

Milner, yeah, 2 easy YCs.

The TAA handball then... I think AM has dropped a clanger there. If he didn’t see it that’s poor. If he’s seen it gotta be a YC and Mike Dean would have signalled advantage when the ball was in the net!

I think waiting to see if there is an immediate goal is the tight thing to do, rather than instant RC and pen... but what do the LotG say on this?

There's no incentive not to do it. I hate that players dive and feign injury all over the pitch and get away with it week in week out because refs take the easy option and 'penalise the foul'. Until every foul is reviewed and offenders retrospectively banned it won't stop. And absolute plague on the game.

The arm across looks like it’s unbalanced Fabinho, you can see the AR about to switch hands there but then pauses. I think the foul is for the initial contact rather than the flop

The arm across looks like it’s unbalanced Fabinho, you can see the AR about to switch hands there but then pauses. I think the foul is for the initial contact rather than the flop

Nah not buying that for a second

Glad we're all in agreement about the KMIs then. As a fan, i'm mindful that i might have just imagined it all!

Really hoped Marriner would double caution Milner, after the first challenge I'm sure he was going to caution it at the next stoppage as he was pointing at him to remember who to give it to, then he stopped a PA...

Last edited by a moderator:

I don’t think the Laws intend referees to look at the send off as part of the advantage analysis. A goal is more advantageous than a PK.

Not necessarily. Re not booking. While we would expect the caution, he could have decided not to because the goal was scored and he didn’t want to also card. (I think it more likely it was missed, but it’s not impossible that he just decided not to card it.)

Because it isn’t done. Sure, good basis for it. But I think it’s going to take a far more egregious scenario than this one for a ref at that level of play to toss a player for successive challenges like that.

Back