A&H

Manchester City - Burnley

JH

RefChat Addict
  1. Kompany challenge on Lennon. Moss goes yellow. I think if he had assessed the injured player first and seen the contact point and damage Kompany did, he would've been closer to the correct decision which is red. Endangering the safety of an opponent all day long.
  2. City 2nd goal. What a mess. Moss puts whistle to mouth before deciding no and cutting the grass. Penalty for me, Burnley players' reactions are telling, they all stop completely still, anticipating the pen. Meanwhile, the ball goes out of play before Silva plays it across and City score. If that wasn't enough, Silva was offside when he retrieved the ball that went out - he and a defender were off the field of play, positioning them on the goal line for the purposes of offside, therefore Joe Hart was the 2nd-last opponent and Silva was behind him (goal line).
  3. Sane challenge. I could see a yellow and I could see a red. Personally I think yellow was okay but it is more 'orange' than your usual reckless challenge.
Interesting to note that Hart said the assistant apologised for 'switching off'. I predict that's exactly what he did because it looked a pen and looked like Moss was about to give it. He obviously hasn't followed the ball and I expect he is looking at Moss.

Anyone have any other thoughts or disagree with anything I've said?

Last edited:
The Referee Store
Sums it up well - can't argue with much. Of course, we don't know if Jon Moss was going to blow for a pen, or stop play and caution Sane for simulation - either way, as discussed on a recent thread - raising whistle to lips and NOT blowing often leads to problems!

Reactions: JH
As a huge Man City fan I actually agree. Kompany and Sane could've received reds and there would be no complaints from me.

Our 2nd goal was a calamity from the officials. Even the best can have an absolute stinker.

Reactions: JH
Thought the silva ball in or out looked just in... ball will look out when just in due to the bottom of the sphere looking out whilst the side of it remains hanging over the line.

Thought the silva ball in or out looked just in... ball will look out when just in due to the bottom of the sphere looking out whilst the side of it remains hanging over the line.
They showed the other angle from in-line with the goal line, it was definitely out.

City’s 2nd. Gotta feel for the lino. It’s so bizarre. I’ve only seen one angle - was Moss going to blow for the dive?

Ball didn’t look out, but deffo offside. That one will be on the Var+ list;)

Not ideal from Moss.

Based on the picture on the left, I'd describe that as "incredibly marginal" rather than definitely out!! But TBH, this wasn't a critical call as if the AR decides the ball stays in then it's without doubt also an offside. Got to feel for the AR here though ... wonder what Moss was saying on the comms?!

Based on the picture on the left, I'd describe that as "incredibly marginal" rather than definitely out!! But TBH, this wasn't a critical call as if the AR decides the ball stays in then it's without doubt also an offside. Got to feel for the AR here though ... wonder what Moss was saying on the comms?!
Out is out, doesn't matter whether it's 1 inch or 3 metres. The ball is 'definitely' out there! That doesn't mean to say anyone could definitely see it being definitely out in real time. But looking at the pictures it sure is.

Picture on the right is later in Silva's kicking motion and so it is even more out than the left, don't make the angle fool you.

I wonder why MOTD didn't show the fouls on Silva and especially on Fernandinho that only got yellow cards.

I wonder why MOTD didn't show the fouls on Silva and especially on Fernandinho that only got yellow cards.

Are you ever happy with the refereeing in City games?:( It's not a conspiracy against you, sh1t happens, mistakes happen to all clubs, do you want the title gift wrapped on a plate or something?? :rolleyes:

Picture on the right is later in Silva's kicking motion and so it is even more out than the left, don't make the angle fool you.
If u ask me the 1 on the left is still in. You cant say for the one on the right based on what I replied yesterday the angle will give the impression the ball is out, when it is in. Its a well known phenomenon.

And as Russell says thats not the major issue. If the AR spots the offside the in or out decision would be wrong.

I'd like to see VAR have to rule on one of these lol

The thing with MOTD is that they are on a time limit. So if you score 5 goals that takes up a lot of the time allocated to your game meaning less time to show less significant parts of the game.

If you want to see highlights of your players getti g fouled score less goals...

I keep looking for the Wednesday highlights! Are they not allowing Premier cameras in these days?

Seriously, there is no Citee conspiracy, They tend to do more attacking with world class players therefore they may get fouled a bit more, get on with it!! I remember when you had nothing, a bit more humble back then!

I keep looking for the Wednesday highlights! Are they not allowing Premier cameras in these days?

Seriously, there is no Citee conspiracy, They tend to do more attacking with world class players therefore they may get fouled a bit more, get on with it!! I remember when you had nothing, a bit more humble back then!

City fans have always been humble. Our attendances in the lower divisions were fantastic. The younger ones who have only ever experienced success have different expectations and their behaviour differs because of that but we're all moulded by our experiences. Most blues I know couldn't be more humble, self defeating if anything. We can't believe our luck. We are the silent majority of course.

As for refereeing decisions. There's no conspiracy,l against us or anyone else, there was a period around last Xmas where there were red cards missed on 4 or 5 consecutive games, similar to what we have benefited from this weekend. Swings and roundabouts. What I would say is I always believed that alot of the softer decisions went in favour of the big clubs and now they do appear to go our way at home now we are a top club.

Last edited:
Others have made the point rather eloquently so I will reinforce it. People are tired of the anti-City conspiracy posts. They are unnecessary and add nothing to the discussion. They will henceforth be removed (save for those on here as they underline the point) and warnings issued.

Seriously? I asked why they analysed two tackles but didn't even show an arguably worse one. Or even ask whether it should have been a penalty (just Dyche arguing it was a foul on Sane but not a penalty). It's media bias not a conspiracy.

Don't give me the short on time nonsense.

Back