A&H

Manchester City - Burnley

Thought the silva ball in or out looked just in... ball will look out when just in due to the bottom of the sphere looking out whilst the side of it remains hanging over the line.

Still offside though James - although given what was going on and the delay between Sane touching the ball and Silva touching the ball you can understand why AR missed it.

The Referee Store
Would have thought they would have been hyper aware on those offside scenarios after the mess-up on the Salah one a few weeks ago.

Seriously? I asked why they analysed two tackles but didn't even show an arguably worse one. Or even ask whether it should have been a penalty (just Dyche arguing it was a foul on Sane but not a penalty). It's media bias not a conspiracy.

Don't give me the short on time nonsense.

Its not nonsense - BBC only allowed to show so many minutes highlights, due to constraints of contract with PL.

Like it or not, most people want to see goals and near misses, not yellow cards. Often they don't show ANY yellow cards issued in a match.

look at the decision that went against us after 12 seconds...

and the one that went for us in extra time!

both handballs, both could easily have been penalties.

5 mins added time perhaps a little generous!

Its not nonsense - BBC only allowed to show so many minutes highlights, due to constraints of contract with PL.

Like it or not, most people want to see goals and near misses, not yellow cards. Often they don't show ANY yellow cards issued in a match.
Precisely. Why did they show these?

look at the decision that went against us after 12 seconds...

and the one that went for us in extra time!

both handballs, both could easily have been penalties.

5 mins added time perhaps a little generous!
BiK-E81CUAAhOt1.jpg
Time to move on Blovee!! Bigger fish to fry this season!!!

You should take a look at the city forum on this issue...pages and pages of posts about refs, the media etc having an agenda against city.

You can always twist anything to suit your own beliefs and if you believe refs/media are out to get city then you could easily use coverage of the kompany and sane tackles and our 2nd goal as some sort of evidence. I don't for a second buy in to it. There's no story in BBC discussing a potential Burnley red card, the story is all about a potential red to city after 30 seconds and a comedy 2nd goal!

I remember being at Forest for Cloughies last match at the City Ground, we won 2-0 and relegated them, there was a Blades cheer towards Cloughie regards his support from the miners and he left the dugout with his thumb in the air towards the away end.... He was roundly applauded from our end.... In the MOTD highlights that night, there was a view of the Forest Kop end clapping and Cloughie putting his thumb up (to completely the wrong end), saying something about he was adored by the Forest fans blah, blah blah...TV coverage can do lots of things in the limited time they have to stitch something together.....They don't always get it right!!!

If u ask me the 1 on the left is still in. You cant say for the one on the right based on what I replied yesterday the angle will give the impression the ball is out, when it is in. Its a well known phenomenon.
I'm well aware of how the angle distorts things. My point was that the picture on the right was clearly taken just after the one on the left and before Silva plays it - therefore as the ball is rolling out of play it physically HAS to be further out than the picture on the left. It might be by 5mm or it might be by an inch, but the angle doesn't matter because we know it is further out than the other picture.

The lino is only human. The ball in/out I can easily forgive. I can’t see but guess he’s level with the 2nd last def, distracted by Moss, has a poor angle to see the ball in/out.

The offside though, he should get. It’s a very weird one. No idea if I’d have spotted it. Probably not TBH. But my man’s on the telly and probably has three times the years and much better training etc...

That Sane tackle is a similar scenario to the Cardiff player a few weeks ago. Ball not in playing distance, and it’s more than a kick than a trip. Violent conduct anyone?

The lino is only human. The ball in/out I can easily forgive. I can’t see but guess he’s level with the 2nd last def, distracted by Moss, has a poor angle to see the ball in/out.

The offside though, he should get. It’s a very weird one. No idea if I’d have spotted it. Probably not TBH. But my man’s on the telly and probably has three times the years and much better training etc...
Both the offside and ball in/out are difficult decisions, made even harder with the distraction of the players stopping and the expectation on Moss to make a decision.

That Sane tackle is a similar scenario to the Cardiff player a few weeks ago. Ball not in playing distance, and it’s more than a kick than a trip. Violent conduct anyone?
You see, my reaction to the Cardiff RC was that it couldn't be red, judging by the "tackles" allowed against City in the first half of last season. Particularly at Cardiff!

You see, my reaction to the Cardiff RC was that it couldn't be red, judging by the "tackles" allowed against City in the first half of last season. Particularly at Cardiff!

You can't judge something sayings it's not a red because something else wasn't or was. Referees make mistakes and can't spot everything

I'm just saying that the two circumstances are similar, the only notable difference is that Sane didn't go to ground

Back