A&H

Manchester Derby.

RobOda

RefChat Addict
Level 3 Referee
Interesting game so far.

Is it just me or is the referee not sprinting very well? Seems well off the pace when United countered for a potential penalty opportunity.

Doing okay besides that though.

The Referee Store
Three cautions spot on.

Missed one by Lingard in the end, I'd be going yellow for that personally.

Andre looks a bit heavy-legged, yes.

He looks like he's doing everything possible not to run full pelt!

Lots of small off the ball scuffles, wonder if it'll spice up in the second half.

From a fan perspective: City are phenomenal compared to United. Pep Guardiola sure knows his stuff. Those last three-four minutes just pinging the ball around? Can't attack if you can't win it back.

United have really fallen off in recent years.

From a fan perspective: City are phenomenal compared to United. Pep Guardiola sure knows his stuff. Those last three-four minutes just pinging the ball around? Can't attack if you can't win it back.

It wasn't Pep pinging the ball about. He just has much better players.
The one thing I admire about City, is that they bought their success a lot faster than Chelsea
Just saying... ;)

I’m not sure what the wage bill was for tonight’s endeavours but I’d guess it’s comparable with the GDP of a small country!

It wasn't Pep pinging the ball about. He just has much better players.

Ah, but I think it is his system than enables it. He managed that at Barcelona, Bayern and now City. I don't think I've seen many teams do it with this quality or consistency, particularly from other managers.

I do admire his tactical knowledge, I would probably fail any football tactical coaching exam with ease. :p

Anyone else find it frustrating that at the end of the first half one of the City players is being treated for just over a minute, yet only an extra 20ish seconds was added on to the injury time.

Safe referring in a derby?

The gulf between the two clubs is astronomical, and this wasn't even City at their best. They just cruised through that game. At their best I'm not sure I've ever seen a side so comfortable in possession

I thought Marriner did pretty well. Missed the Lingaard foul and probable yellow at the end of the first half and was perhaps lenient on a couple of SPA challenges where he didn't show yellow but a decent performance in a relatively straight forward game considering it was a derby.

For all OGS cliches about the United way and attacking football, playing a rigid 3 man midfield ahead of 5 at the back looking for long balls on the counter to Rashford was very defensive. They worked hard and competed first half but didn't commit numbers forward. I like OGS but he's a walking cliche, and that's fine if you adhere to what you're saying. City were effective, we kept the ball well in the 2nd half and their legs had gone with 20 to go.

Ah, but I think it is his system than enables it. He managed that at Barcelona, Bayern and now City. I don't think I've seen many teams do it with this quality or consistency, particularly from other managers.

Absolutely.

Yes, he has the players at his disposal but he's proven with 3 different top European clubs that his coaching methods, in particular his "pass and move" ethos work very effectively.

Anyone else find it frustrating that at the end of the first half one of the City players is being treated for just over a minute, yet only an extra 20ish seconds was added on to the injury time.

Safe referring in a derby?
When City beat Burton 9-0 people seemed to think it wasn't a problem to finish bang on time, on the grounds that no-one wanted it to go on just to emphasise City's superiority.

Back