A&H

Marcus Rojo!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sheffields Finest

Maybe I'm foolish, maybe I'm blind!
Level 7 Referee
nintchdbpict000286702495-e1480870785862.jpg
Am I missing something here but Mr Oliver is a top top ref but thats so red its redder than his shirt!!

The Referee Store
He is a top ref and does a lot for the game outside of his actual duties on the FOP..... but the poor sod has had a bad day at the office. 100% red, I've not spoke to a Utd fan today who hasn't agreed fully... Barry also should have had 2 yellows and an early bath. City will feel hard done by as Aguero gets a ban and Rojo escapes.

Be interesting to see if both Oliver and Taylor get decent appointment this coming week.

Whilst I concede that I only ever see Oliver when he refs Man Utd, this rumour of him being a top ref.....
Where does it come from?
Consistently poor, was woeful again today. Let awful challenges go uncarded all day so at least I'll say he was consistent
Barry, Cleverley, Ibra, Rojo all got away with less than they should have today

Last edited:
You can make a case for his view of the incident but his assistant? He was badly let down, there was only one place the line would have been looking-at Rojo launching himself.

I wonder if his inaction at the Barry incident moments before swayed him.

He is a top ref and does a lot for the game outside of his actual duties on the FOP..... but the poor sod has had a bad day at the office. 100% red, I've not spoke to a Utd fan today who hasn't agreed fully... Barry also should have had 2 yellows and an early bath. City will feel hard done by as Aguero gets a ban and Rojo escapes.

Be interesting to see if both Oliver and Taylor get decent appointment this coming week.

this is a bad challenge, yes - but how will City feel hard done by? this isn't on the same level as Aguero! that challenge was 10 x times this, and quite rightly sent off

Seriously shocking! Ref & assistant had unobstructed view.

Fellani very lucky not to walk as well after telling Oliver to "F Off" to his face after the penalty was scored. So much for the clampdown! :confused::mad:

Both Oliver and his assistant should have seen Rojo launch his two footed assault. Even if Oliver abated what should have been an instinctive red by the apparent lack of pain by the recipient, and it shouldn't have mattered, his AR should have been advising as clear a red as exists. That was one of the easy ones. If you can't get those right how are you going to be trusted to get the "orange" reds right? Howler which affects us all...

Zlatan's sly heel drop to the head needs looking at. Oliver was looking straight at it but hard to be sure it wasn't accidental in real time.

Zlatan's sly heel drop to the head needs looking at. Oliver was looking straight at it but hard to be sure it wasn't accidental in real time.
Originally I'd wondered if it mattered if it looked accidental, but now I've seen some clips I think you're absolutely right!

Last edited:
Seriously shocking! Ref & assistant had unobstructed view.

Fellani very lucky not to walk as well after telling Oliver to "F Off" to his face after the penalty was scored. So much for the clampdown! :confused::mad:

I disagree, the referee did not have the angle that the above picture shows; his view was blocked by the fouled player.

You are right that the AR had an unobstructed view, and why he wasn't shouting "red card" down the comms is unknown.

Some referees are clamping down on dissent more than others, which was always going to happen.

Originally I'd wondered if it mattered if it looked accidental, but now I've seen some clips I think you're absolutely right!
David Gill said not even to review it.

Charlie, do you seriously not know why City fans feel aggrieved?

because they forget that before they were a rich club they were a nothing club that got beat 8-0 buy an average Middlesboro side but now that they are mega money and have won the Prem they all of a sudden think that they are on an equal par with Man U and as such referee decisions should be equal amongst the 2?

:p;)

Not sure if you're wumming or being ironic! Rising to the bait - it was 8-1 and City had a man sent off early for DOGSO (wouldn't be now) so it was 8-1 against 10 men (and most of them not trying). And City beat United twice that season (I like the thought they were worse than nothing) and finished 9th. But yes, it has come as a shock to know that not all big clubs get the decisions. We thought once Ferguson quit, the refs would stop bottling it (as in a Rooney elbow to the head is a "coming together"), but with Gill at the FA not much has changed.

This is serious stuff. The FA is not "a public body" and as far as I can see has no published code of ethics, but the standard public body requirement is that

"You must ensure that no conflict arises, or could reasonably be perceived to arise, between your public duties and your private interests, financial or otherwise.

"You must comply with the rules of the body on handling conflicts of interests. As a minimum, these will require you to declare publicly any private interests which may, or may be perceived to, conflict with your public duties. The rules will also require you to remove yourself from the discussion or determination of matters in which you have a financial interest. In matters in which you have a non-financial interest, you should not participate in the discussion or determination of a matter where the interest might suggest a danger of bias."

If you're a director a football club (or the CEOs of Norwich and Scunthorpe) on the FA board, how do you avoid a danger of bias?

i understand everything you say - and I do agree ... it is all a little backwards to me, but then its still very much 'the old boys club' back hand shakes and all that jazz goes on still.

but I don't think that's why the City fans feel aggrieved ... they feel aggrieved because their star man got sent off and United didn't ... but in stark reality, the challenges wasn't the same - Rojo's is a lot easier to 'miss' - Aguero quite literally scissor chopped Luiz in the mid-rift

the difference - what Rojo did is an offence on the football field admittedly (never denying it should have been a red) ... but Aguero's challenge would be seen as assault on the street ...

We're not aggrieved over one incident (though two reds for City - and suspensions - and two yellows for Chelsea is a ridiculous outcome). It's a long history about what referees "see" and what they say they didn't see (even when looking at it). Michael Oliver (according to press reports, I'm not sure the FA have issued anything) says he saw the Ibrahimovic incident, so - even though I think most of us detect him kicking Coleman on the head - it doesn't even go to the review panel. That's too bad mistakes in one match.

You have to have long memories - Clattenburg "not seeing" Adebayor kick Van Persie's head even though he was looking at the incident(and probably about the same intent as Ibrahimovic). But all this has been rehearsed often enough. While Gill is there (and at UEFA and FIFA) City will feel aggrieved about everything from domestic disciplinary issues to Financial Fair Play. How is this not a conflict of interest?http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/...h-manchester-city-over-financial-8662638.html

I'm sure David Gill was at the FA in 2012 when referee decisions and lack of retrospective actions won you the league.
How can you have watched that season and think the FA has an agenda against you?
Speaking of ref's "not seeing" things
Balotelli scored the winner!!

Some more FA cheating you when you won the league

Man utd having one of the worst refereeing decisons in EPL history cost them 2 points

So that's 4 referee induced points Man Utd had to overcome to get level with you and I've not had to try hard to find these
I can't find vids for:
Barry no penalty and red card when you drew 1-1 with stoke, 5 points.
Woodgate not send of for fouling Hernandez clean through when we drew 1-1 with Stoke, 7 points.

Last edited:
Yawn. Your team got this decision, your team should have had this card, my team are unfairly treated.

Pipe down. It's boring. This thread is now closed, but please remember to make future posts relevant otherwise warning points will follow!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back