A&H

Match Record

JH

RefChat Addict
I currently use the classic black book, but it is bulky and inconvenient. I use skins on my cards to record cautions and dismissals. What is the best way to record other aspects of the match using a pencil only? Thanks for your help.

The Referee Store
Not being happy with what was out there, I designed the attached for myself (and my son) quite a few years ago and still using it. Happy to share.
  • Print them on 250gsm A4 sheets and cut in 4 cards
    • Or you can take it to a print shop and get them to print (colour or B&W) say 100 sheets and guillotine cut
  • Thick enough to use one card on its own per game (fold in half) or as insert into a referee wallet
  • The back page has the sanction codes we use in Aus. You can do your own back page or just leave blank. I use the blanks space on the back for taking mid-game notes or as the occasional game record over-run from the front page.

Attachments

• ScoreCard X 4 - back.pdf
    45.9 KB · Views: 94
  • ScoreCard X 4.pdf
    211.3 KB · Views: 98
Side note @one - interesting that Aus FA distinguishes R6 between players, match officials, and others. Is that just for analysis or is the suspension length different?

Side note @one - interesting that Aus FA distinguishes R6 between players, match officials, and others. Is that just for analysis or is the suspension length different?
The sub codes are a requirement of my district FA only (not Aus wide). They use it for statistical purposes.

Not being happy with what was out there, I designed the attached for myself (and my son) quite a few years ago and still using it. Happy to share.
  • Print them on 250gsm A4 sheets and cut in 4 cards
    • Or you can take it to a print shop and get them to print (colour or B&W) say 100 sheets and guillotine cut
  • Thick enough to use one card on its own per game (fold in half) or as insert into a referee wallet
  • The back page has the sanction codes we use in Aus. You can do your own back page or just leave blank. I use the blanks space on the back for taking mid-game notes or as the occasional game record over-run from the front page.

Not my style if I'm being honest. I appreciate the effort you've put into them though, thanks for sharing!

Brilliant, appreciate that.

I use those for Sundays when things are simple (colour, score, and some cautions on the back). Not great if you need to manage and record subs in more detail IMO. Pencil does not work on them - I tried. Also you need a certain type of pen - not too inky or it smudges.

I use those for Sundays when things are simple (colour, score, and some cautions on the back). Not great if you need to manage and record subs in more detail IMO. Pencil does not work on them - I tried. Also you need a certain type of pen - not too inky or it smudges.

That leaves me with two more questions:
What's the best pen to use on those match cards and card skins?
Does the pen come off at all, can they be reused?

Cant say i have had those issues altho7gh I agree re the subs point.
I use a standard roller ball biro pen or a papermate without any issue.

There was room for 8 more games on that piece of paper,...... where I come from that wasted money. :angel:.... paper, it doesn't grow on trees you know!!! :(:bag:

cmon guys recycle, christmas cards/junk mail a bit of clever paper folding plenty of match cards cheaper than chips

I've laminated a few bits of plain white card, and have started using sharpies on them alongside the skins for details of subs and recording goals. This doesn't meet your pencil requirement though, but I find pencils a little unreliable on the skins anyway?

I've laminated a few bits of plain white card, and have started using sharpies on them alongside the skins for details of subs and recording goals. This doesn't meet your pencil requirement though, but I find pencils a little unreliable on the skins anyway?

Pencil isn't so much a requirement as I just want something more sustainable than using one card per game and not being able to reuse it. Card skins can be reused even with pen - looking for something similar in a match record card.

Pencil isn't so much a requirement as I just want something more sustainable than using one card per game and not being able to reuse it. Card skins can be reused even with pen - looking for something similar in a match record card.
The sharpies can be got off these laminated bits of card almost as easily as they can off the skins, so they're reusable in that sense.

Back