A&H

Millwall v Brighton

Absolutely cracking decision to send him off.

However Sian Massey got that very tight offside call wrong and Brighton scored from it.
Another that VAR would have overruled but its not allowed at non PL grounds.
I would expect her to get that right with the penalty area line to help her, she is a good assistant referee.

The Referee Store
I would still expect it to be in the interest of the game to take penalties at a populated end vs a non-populated end. He has not done anything *wrong* by not doing though.
I think population is one of the reasons it was changed. Different ends usually have opposite fans and which fans it is in front of has to be decided by the coin.

I would expect her to get that right with the penalty area line to help her, she is a good assistant referee.

You'd hope to get that right, but that's about as tough of an offside decision as they come. The ball is played from a distance so the point of contact is tough to gauge. The attacker is sprinting. The attacker is close to you which can make them appear more offside. And the defender keeping them on is on the other side of the field. It's really tough to get those right which is why we're taught "if in doubt, keep the flag down".

Probably police didn’t want it anywhere near their animals. Horrible little club that are a pain all over the country. Good riddance. Been some good results this weekend!

Last edited:
She is a really good assistant referee. In fact, I think the Premier League assistants are absolutely top drawer. This was a very tight call and it's unfair to criticise even the best with such close offside/not offside decisions in real time. I most certainly wouldn't lose any sleep in not being 100% correct with this kind of decision to make.

Back