A&H

Mings Handball

The Referee Store
I don’t seem to fully understand VAR down south. Hopefully if we get it up here it works better than what it works just now.

Thats not a hand ball to me, if it is given its got to be at least a yellow surely?

WTF,.. never hand ball in the memory of man!!! I can understand MO wanting another look but Paul Tierney needs to polish his glasses and draw some lines!!! Jesus wept!!!

[
I don’t seem to fully understand VAR down south. Hopefully if we get it up here it works better than what it works just now.

Thats not a hand ball to me, if it is given its got to be at least a yellow surely?
Not even a booking. Don’t know how they arrived at that conclusion

Michael Oliver seems to be poor at judging handball - I remember him getting another one wrong a few weeks ago (at the other end of the pitch, disallowing a goal). Fortunately, VAR bailed him out that time and the goal was awarded.

I'm sorry, is the game now run by robots scared of using their own common sense to please men in grey suits with clip boards....On no level is that hand ball, its not even close!!!

I'm sorry, is the game now run by robots scared of using their own common sense to please men in grey suits with clip boards....On no level is that hand ball, its not even close!!!
Better refs than you and I disagree ;)

The irony is that Ifab just spent a day deciding what is arm vs shoulder but we don’t know the result! Maybe MO does?

Gallagher on Talks**t reckoned VAR was inconclusive so went with on field decision. Poor.

Let’s just was for Mother Riley’s apology with some made up stat that they get 98.415% right first time!

Different angles and different stories. The referee view angle which comes into the vid later on makes it look like it might’ve been his bicep rather than shoulder.

Different angles and different stories. The referee view angle which comes into the vid later on makes it look like it might’ve been his bicep rather than shoulder.
I can see why MO gave it, his arm move is definitely towards the ball as well (not that it touched it) so it would/could have deceived him and as we all know, he only gets one view of it! VAR should have got that right though

If the ball touched the hand/arm or not is factual. If it was deliberate is subjective. VAR should have got involved here on the factual matter. Not enough evidence my ar.....m. if JH can pull that out of public broadcast footage, VAR should have even more.

This is where VAR has a major problem, not with the technology or the people using it, but rather the guidelines and terminology. What exactly is a clear and obvious error? Every replay angle shows it hit the shoulder and not arm, so I just don't get how VAR can say it wasn't a clear and obvious error. He's given a penalty when it should have been play on, that is both clear and obvious to pretty much everyone watching it. Same in the Liverpool game, Gomez was very clearly and very obviously pushed in the back, yet VAR say they can't get involved. It really is a mess.

However, whatever the actual decision, I really don't see how it can be DOGSO. There's no control, there's absolutely no guarantee or control, and there's way too much to be done for DOGSO. I didn't even see any Leicester players appealing for a sending off, including Vardy who would have been the one with the chance.

This is where VAR has a major problem, not with the technology or the people using it, but rather the guidelines and terminology. What exactly is a clear and obvious error? Every replay angle shows it hit the shoulder and not arm, so I just don't get how VAR can say it wasn't a clear and obvious error. He's given a penalty when it should have been play on, that is both clear and obvious to pretty much everyone watching it. Same in the Liverpool game, Gomez was very clearly and very obviously pushed in the back, yet VAR say they can't get involved. It really is a mess.

However, whatever the actual decision, I really don't see how it can be DOGSO. There's no control, there's absolutely no guarantee or control, and there's way too much to be done for DOGSO. I didn't even see any Leicester players appealing for a sending off, including Vardy who would have been the one with the chance.
You don't think a top premier league striker is 'likely' to gain possession there? I think so. However, it really doesn't scream DOGSO and there is no expectation. But I think Vardy is 'likely' to gain possession.

Back