A&H

Misconduct report outcomes

Scottybee

Level 7 Referee
I submitted 3 x misconduct reports all from a single game back in Nov via WGS, I noticed in my upcoming appointments that I’ll be meeting this same U13 youth team again shortly so I thought I’d contact county FA to see what the outcome was.

These reports were the only ones I’ve submitted so far and was surprised to hear that it’s still “ongoing” and they are “waiting for more info” from the club involved.

Is it usual for the wheels of justice to turn so slowly?

Do you guys generally chase up outcomes?

I’d also assumed a ref who submitted a report would get some feedback as a matter of course when inv were complete - apparently this is not the case due to the volume of reports coming in.

I understand county FA’s probably have a regular mountain of reports to work through which is no easy task but if the report has gone in electronically surely a linked up system between county and WGS should be in place so we could check ourselves without bothering County via phone.

Thoughts?

The Referee Store
My local side had a misconduct charge against us from 6th February and we had to reply by yesterday, obviously it will depend on the clubs plea.

If they plead not guilty they will have to attend a meeting which might take 4-5 weeks then there will be a meeting to decide the outcome, these things are never done quickly but your case seems extra slow.

Unless it was not a serious case (in which case three reports would be excessive), I don't see how you are appointed to the same team in 3 months. Just make sure the appointments secretary is aware of the history.

No, you will not be directly informed of the outcome, usually.
I wouldn't go chasing it up.
2 options are 1) speak to secretary, explain history and see what he thinks about reappointing.
2) turn up and ref the game with a clean slate. Do not dwell on the past.

I submitted a serious misconduct report on Sunday afternoon and the head of the County FA phoned me up to see if I was ok and to ask if I'd submitted a report and needed any help etc on the Monday. I didn't but I thought that was a very decent thing to do and it would go a long way particularly to a young ref who would have probably considered quitting after the game co sides g the circumstances

I submitted a serious misconduct report on Sunday afternoon and the head of the County FA phoned me up to see if I was ok and to ask if I'd submitted a report and needed any help etc on the Monday. I didn't but I thought that was a very decent thing to do and it would go a long way particularly to a young ref who would have probably considered quitting after the game co sides g the circumstances
Did you say...'nah, am ok, been there, done that'!

I’ve got no problem or trepidation in reffing them again but would have been nice to know what the outcome was for these 2 tools in charge of a kids team.

Well, I Ref for a local youth football club and due to my age (not experience) I’m one of only 2 senior Ref’s our club has, most of our Ref’s are also players within our youth teams and are largely 15/16 year olds who I try to watch over/mentor. My concern is it could easily have been one of these lads (incl my own son) who was in the middle on that day having to endure two out of control coaches, so I feel an obligation to check 1, these misc reports are processed/acted on and 2, these sort of coaches are disiciplined/re-educated or removed from the game.

After all these are kids were putting in these situations and 1 bad experience can have a big effect on them on and off the pitch.

so I feel an obligation to check 1, these misc reports are processed/acted on and 2, these sort of coaches are disiciplined/re-educated or removed from the game.

If you're interested in that, you could try and get involved with the county FA to get on the disciplinary panel in the future?

Otherwise, there's no point chasing things up, it's none of our business outside of what we report really (in theory).

Saying that... I did chase one up this season because it was a bit of a personal one and was allowed to know the details of the outcome, but that was an exceptional case.

I was laterally told that 2 players were sine die banned for 5 years, one of the incidents that I didn't see but there were enough witnesses within an 18 man brawl to say an assault had happened!!

The one I did see within the brawl truly deserved jail time for attempted murder!!! Absolutely sickening what he did!!! No ref could have stopped what happened, 2 man brawl becomes 18 man with one very nasty tackle...

It shouldn't affect your performance, but no referee should officiate a game involving a team where there is an open disciplinary case that they were involved in. You shouldn't have been appointed, but if this happens best to tell your appointments officer and ask to come off of it. Once the case is closed you can then go back to that team with no problems.

Reactions: one
It shouldn't affect your performance, but no referee should officiate a game involving a team where there is an open disciplinary case that they were involved in. You shouldn't have been appointed, but if this happens best to tell your appointments officer and ask to come off of it. Once the case is closed you can then go back to that team with no problems.

I had a nasty incident earlier this season (still waiting to hear If I need to attend a hearing) and I made a point of speaking to the appointment secs and asking not to be put on any games involving one of the teams in question. I got full backing from my CFA for doing so.

I once got a call from the county FA about a case i referred to them 6 months earlier. They can be very slow sometimes.

Back