A&H

Miss timed tackle?

The Referee Store
If you look closely...there's a bee on the pitch he's clearing away.

Still a card. Can't VC against insects, surely?

My educated guess is that the player in flight is making an attempt to block a shot at goal. The attacker is mostly out of view but his brief appearance suggests to me that he feigned to shoot but stopped and passed out wide to a colleague instead. The movement of the defenders looks to support this.
For me, he's playing in a dangerous manner and the ref should've awarded an IDFK to the attacking side. Is it a "normal" challenge or is there obvious risk of injury? Nothing for the former but a caution for the latter. I'd go for the caution in this case.

You can't penalise him for playing in a dangerous manner as there is no opponent nearby and nobody has been prevented from playing the ball for fear of injury.

Reactions: ARF
Are we sure that this is a genuine clip and it hasn't been doctored in some way? It just looks too ridiculous to be true.

You can't penalise him for playing in a dangerous manner as there is no opponent nearby and nobody has been prevented from playing the ball for fear of injury.
Firstly, there was an opponent nearby as he was in possession of the ball at the time, attempting to shoot (IMO). The flying player is trying to play the ball and he most certainly threatens to injury someone, not least himself, his fellow defender and the attacker who has now pulled out of the shot.
I've looked into the incident and the basic explanation was that the opposition player was looking to shoot so this lunge had an impact in one way or another. Incidentally, the player (named as Harrison Henao) scored the only goal of the game. These decisions, or lack of them, have consequences.

Back