A&H

Morecambe - Newport

Tealeaf

Lighting the darkest hour
Staff member
Dull as dishwater first 45.

Some chatter at half time for a penalty to Newport after keeper misses a clearance punch and then collides with attacker.

Seemed in real time to have been bumped by another defender as he went up for it, causing everything else to happen. On replays that’s almost certainly the case but attacker certainly gets 2 fists in the face.

Not buying the lead pundits attempt to justify a red card for it though; not excessive force which he quoted by any stretch.

The Referee Store
Can somebody explain to me the fourth official situation? Theres an official doing the board but there is one behind him taking notes of the substitutions

Could be forgiven for thinking Lee Hendrie on commentary is a Newport fan. Hardly balanced commentary, lavishing praise on everything Newport do, critical of virtually everything Morecambe do.

Very controversial winning PK however. Almost certain that the attacker was dishonest in going down and if there was contact, it was probably outside the PA. Cruel way to lose such an important game, especially given the more clear PK missed in the first half
BM was bullseye for PK he gave, so there must've been a bit of guesswork involved. Not sure he'll be happy looking back at either KMI. Not easy however

2 key decisions incorrect unfortunately. Should have been a penalty in the first half for Newport, and no pen in ET, though I can see why that one was given in real time.

Very controversial winning PK however. Almost certain that the attacker was dishonest in going down and if there was contact, it was probably outside the PA. Cruel way to lose such an important game, especially given the more clear PK missed in the first half
BM was bullseye for PK he gave, so there must've been a bit of guesswork involved. Not sure he'll be happy looking back at either KMI. Not easy however
Happen to agree. He makes a real effort to get into the area, like a giant leap stride to make sure the "holding continues into the area".
I wouldn't say it was simulation, there is a hold and what appears to be a pushing action, but didn't think it warranted a foul nor a penalty..

Happen to agree. He makes a real effort to get into the area, like a giant leap stride to make sure the "holding continues into the area".
I wouldn't say it was simulation, there is a hold and what appears to be a pushing action, but didn't think it warranted a foul nor a penalty..
This is where is all started @JamesL
From 1m10s

If Bobby had been made aware of this crucial evidence before today's game, Newport County may now have been a League 1 Team

Last edited:
Back