A&H

MU - CP

Big Cat

RefChat Addict
Level 4 Referee
Don't get me wrong, there was a time when opponents couldn't get a PK at Old Trafford for love nor money, but i'd rather have that situation than the depressing scenes I've just been subjected to
The game has gone so far down hill. If that's a PK and retake then I can't referee the game like that and won't be able to progress very far in the game

The Referee Store
Agree and will throw in the clear penalty Pogba didn't get in the 41st minute.
Utd have been awful, the officiating team worse

May as well close this post and go with the thread posted by @deusex
My title is fanzone material, but I'm really fed up with the game

I hate utd, but blimey, what was that?!

The ball travelled, what 1m from foot to hitting hand. Hand in, what I'd say, a pretty natural position as he was running lol.

Surely this rule is going to be scrapped now as utd didn't benefit from it haha

Also, we've just gone back in time to the Women's World Cup. Why does football need to learn from the same disaster again?

Really poor decision IMO. Seemed like natural movement for a player running.

Also, welcome to the pitch side monitor. What exactly did that resolve?
Don't get me wrong... I don't blame MA. He's a seasoned referee and a referee I happen to rate. It's quite likely he won't sleep well tonight, being pushed into a corner, not of his own making

You're sounding like a bunch of bitter Man u fanboys. Have a think about what you're saying here and take a deep breath. Pogba was never a penalty. It was just a coming together. Look at where the ball was going.

Moss clearly thought it worth bringing MA's attention to the hallball. I hope you can see why two top officials gave it as such.

The reason the pen was retaken was clear as anything. He did not have any foot on the line before the ball was kicked. Please don't use your bitterness to broadcast erroneous comments about refereeing decisions as facts. Stick to the law.

Up the Palace.

The penalty decision was embarrassing and Atkinson should not have been troubled. Worse, he’s given it when he should have dismissed it. There is nothing in the laws that justifies that as a handball. If I give that on a Sunday morning, I would lose the game. As for the retake, Jon Moss is just being busy. Granted, De Gea’s foot is not touching paint but it’s as near as dammit. Very poor. By the way, I don’t support MU.

You're sounding like a bunch of bitter Man u fanboys. Have a think about what you're saying here and take a deep breath. Pogba was never a penalty. It was just a coming together. Look at where the ball was going.

Moss clearly thought it worth bringing MA's attention to the hallball. I hope you can see why two top officials gave it as such.

The reason the pen was retaken was clear as anything. He did not have any foot on the line before the ball was kicked. Please don't use your bitterness to broadcast erroneous comments about refereeing decisions as facts. Stick to the law.

Up the Palace.

You know the ball has nothing to do with fouls, right?
Personally I think there was enough for it to be a foul. Was the Palace player even looking at the ball when he and Pogba went over or did he just chase the player back?

It seems clear Atkinson/Moss applied the current directive just as Oliver/Tierney did last, and no doubt others will do in the coming weeks.

Up the Palace.

absolutely nobody on here has questioned the retake, that was correct. It’s the initial decision people don’t agree with, and I think there’s massive room for debate on that.

P.S, it’s not a fan forum.

This is what the law says.
"When the ball is kicked, the defending goalkeeper must have at least part of one foot touching, or in line with, the goal line."
i hope PL is consistent on this for the rest of the year because I can't see any green between De Gea's right foot and the line. Haven't they resent from Women's world cup?

Screenshot_20200920-103900~2.jpg
Screenshot_20200920-105151~2.jpg

"When the ball is kicked, the defending goalkeeper must have at least part of one foot touching, or in line with, the goal line."
i hope PL is consistent on this for the rest of the year because I can't see any green between De Gea's right foot and the line. Haven't they resent from Women's world cup?

View attachment 4544
View attachment 4546
Thank you. I think he has made an error in law on this one. I said to the wife, one foot on or in line with the goal line
I also don't think the video was conclusive enough to say it struck him on the chest shoulder or arm..

absolutely nobody on here has questioned the retake, that was correct. It’s the initial decision people don’t agree with, and I think there’s massive room for debate on that.

P.S, it’s not a fan forum.
You clearly haven't read the OP properly then. I trust you use more attention to detail when you're reffing.

You clearly haven't read the OP properly then. I trust you use more attention to detail when you're reffing.
Ok, I missed two words. Good to see that you’d rather act like a fan in one post, then go on a personal attack in the second. Really helpful input

View attachment 4544
View attachment 4546
I could be wrong as the image is blurred, but is that his left glove covering the gap between foot and line? I’m assuming the referees might have a different angle if that’s the case

I could be wrong as the image is blurred, but is that his left glove covering the gap between foot and line? I’m assuming the referees might have a different angle if that’s the case

No, his left glove is by his left hip/thigh

I think you are correct. Sky showed a still from behind the goal which showed that his right foot was well off the line. There's no doubt that his left foot was from the side on images, it is only the right one that is debatable, so it is the correct decision. That said, I don't agree with that level of scrutiny, but as long as they are consistent with it I can live with it.

1600591572650.png

Back