A&H

New kid on the block

The Referee Store
Started refereeing in 1969 and rose to Grade 1 (now Level 5) by 1972. Allocated a Feeder League (now Supply League) in 1974 - the Wharfedale League in the first season followed by the West Yorkshire League and operated at that level until 1991, I retired in 1993 due to problems with my knees. By being in the right place at the right time I was invited to referee in the second Dallas Cup in 1981 and did so on a total of ten occasions, the last being in 1993 where I basically ended my career.
I became a Referee Tutor in 1986. I did a bit of assessing locally after retiring and in 2001 started assessing on Supply Leagues. In 2007 I was invited to assess on the Contributory Leagues. I am also Chairman of the Referees Committee at West Riding CFA.

Hi David. Welcome to the playpen of refereeing discussion and on the odd occasion learning :)

A very comprehensive history you have given. Nice.

Oh....and member of the Referees Association from the day I passed the Referees Course in Bradford on 26th October 1969 - you didn't get out of the door to until you had joined!
Now President of the Heavy Woollen Referees Association.

Back