A&H

New ref and extremely nervous

Ethan hodges

Hi guys, so I’ve got 2 days until my exam I’ve done my matches and revised my LOTG but I do have some questions
1. Does everyone pass this exam?
2. Is this exam easy?
3. What happens if you fail the exam?
4. Do you have any tips that I could use to help me pass the exam
Any help would be great
Thanks

The Referee Store
Hi guys, so I’ve got 2 days until my exam I’ve done my matches and revised my LOTG but I do have some questions
2. Is this exam easy?
Any help would be great
Thanks
1. Everyone who prepares properly
2. Relatively. My advice is to read the question thoroughly and very carefully. I like to try and visualise the scenario in my head. They aren't designed to trio you up but often contain a key piece of info like the restart.
3. Back in the day when I did it, those who failed the written exam were taken off for a.cgat with thr instructor and came back with a pass. Worst case, I am sure you can sit the exam again. Others might have better knowledge here and I suspect it varies across county.
4. Read the lotg..i'd say do 1 or 2 laws a night but it's too close for that know.
There is a website areferee.com. not always perfectly up to date, I think it's American so i dont think they up date to the amended laws until their season starts so it should be up to date. But what I suggest is seek and find. Read the question. Find the right answer in the laws of the game..

Reactions: one
I can help with your nervousness by answering one question.
You will be tortured for 3 days and then be executed by hanging :D

Mate it sounds like you've done the hard work. You have nothing to be nervous about. Worst case scenario is that you will do the exam again.

Remember the six ‘P’s, you’ll be fine, remember most of these reprobates passed too! How! 🧐

Don’t worry, A’s has already been said, the test is not designed to catch you out, there are no “gotchas” in there.

Just make sure you read the question thoroughly and the answers (the tests are multiple guess).

If you failed you’ll either get the chance to either resit the test or have a chat with the instructor on the night. Worst case you might need to go back to resit the test on another night.

2. Is this exam easy?
Any help would be great
Thanks
I failed the test by one mark but the guy knew I was a good ref and it was all down to the fact I hadn’t read up on law 12 this was because I didn’t have to do any games I did my exam first , the guy rang me up and asked me the questions I got wrong and I got everyone right you’ll be fine

In my area you have to do the 5 games first before you take the exam then you move to a 7 or a 8 depending on whether you are an old person or not!( I know it has slightly changed the classifications but I can not remember what they are ! Didn't take much notice as I had already passed)

areferee.com

A couple of the answers out of 200 might be wrong but it's a great way to practice IMHO

That has tripped a lot of referees up this season in their exams, as they always include questions that refer to recent law changes, and areferee.com is wrong on some of these. It is a useful resource, but be aware of the recent law changes or you will come unstuck.

That has tripped a lot of referees up this season in their exams, as they always include questions that refer to recent law changes, and areferee.com is wrong on some of these. It is a useful resource, but be aware of the recent law changes or you will come unstuck.
Its an american resource so I egt the impression the dont updat til they update over the pond.

Back