A&H

New Referee

Harry_Parker

Level 7 Referee
Hi everyone, I've been following this forum for a little while and I've decided to take the plunge!

I'd love any tips any of you may have. When I say tips, I mean streetwise tips, tricks of the trade if you will.

Any other help or advice you'd like to give would be very welcome.

The Referee Store
Hi @Harry_Parker - There are lots of useful (and useless tips) within the New Referees forum. I would suggest that you look though there first.

The only basic tip is - Enjoy! there are matches which you will and you won't, but the pleasure is better than the pain.

Hi @Harry_Parker - There are lots of useful (and useless tips) within the New Referees forum. I would suggest that you look though there first.

The only basic tip is - Enjoy! there are matches which you will and you won't, but the pleasure is better than the pain.
That's very true! I've spent a few hours trawling through so have a rough idea of what I'm getting myself into

The best way to get tips is too post about what you are not sure about. Now if ou are wrong in law you will find out, now some poster might get a bit het up and start blowing steam but the advice is normally good.Just remember when on the field it is your opinion. You will go away and question your decisions and those are the ones you should post about to get advice. Personally I would try and do senior youth footie for a few games and get some lines in. Youth footie is a good way to learn and get some confidence and being on the line you learn a lot from the rest of the team. And you will have bad games but you will learn more from then than the easy games. Enjoy

Back