A&H

Newcastle v Wolves

PinnerPaul

RefChat Addict
Rafa moaning about no VAR

1) DOGSO send off WAS spot on - how he can moan about that is beyond me, and as for walking around the technical area making a TV sign - just looked silly!

2) Elbow on his player in pen area - that WAS a pen and red card for me - not sure how Mr Dean has missed that one - he was in a good position as well.

The Referee Store
Rafa moaning about no VAR

1) DOGSO send off WAS spot on - how he can moan about that is beyond me, and as for walking around the technical area making a TV sign - just looked silly!

VAR won't have helped him, it would have just made it look more like a DOGSO. It was almost as silly as Hughes calling for VAR for the Austin goal, when VAR would have already given the earlier pen and dismissal against Bertrand.

VAR is there to stop bad decisions by referees not defending mistakes by numpties right backs :confused:

Even with my black & white goggles on, the red card was ok
The elbow was reckless at least, but also a difficult spot. However I wasn't happy to see Wolves hit the bar down the other end whilst Perez was down & bleeding in the aftermath
Every fan's heart sinks when they see certain refs appointed. Mike Dean is a jinx for us and I'm struggling to let go of past injustice with him on Tyneside.
Rafa is just deflecting attention, although VAR might have put us a goal up. He's not the next Mark Hughes!

I think the elbow incident with Perez at full speed is a very difficult one to spot for Mike Dean.

Perez claims that MD told him it was the ball that hit him in the face - IF true, and its a big IF, dangerous route to go down to state something that you haven't seen clearly. Perez could be talking nonsense of course!

What’s the odds on a Mackem derby next season ?? You won’t need VAR then!

Won't happen.
I feared the worst for us before the season even started but hadn't reckoned on so many other teams being absolute pump as well. It's gonna be a struggle but I think we'll just about cling on. ...

Back