A&H

Old Firm

JH

RefChat Addict
8 mins in, clearest reckless challenge I've ever seen. If the LOTG came with video clips, that would be the one for reckless. No caution, just a word - supposedly as part of the referee's 'tactics' to manage the Old Firm Derby. I say punish tackles like that and tough if they get sent off after half an hour...

The Referee Store
8 mins in, clearest reckless challenge I've ever seen. If the LOTG came with video clips, that would be the one for reckless. No caution, just a word - supposedly as part of the referee's 'tactics' to manage the Old Firm Derby. I say punish tackles like that and tough if they get sent off after half an hour...
and thats about the time you would have to abandon the game because you have no players left on the pitch, the cards will come later big bobby madden is using game management

2 cautions and an orange missed - player safety not a priority in these games then?

and thats about the time you would have to abandon the game because you have no players left on the pitch, the cards will come later big bobby madden is using game management
There will be no players left to injury if he doesn't put a stop to it, is player safety not more important than game management?

Exactly the reason to penalise all offences...its not our job to keep them on the pitch......if they can't learn it deserves to be abandoned ......at any level!

It's frustrating to see players get away with nailed-on cautions because the referee/league or whoever wants a low card count.

It's frustrating to see players get away with nailed-on cautions because the referee/league or whoever wants a low card count.
Once you accept that the Premier League is an entertainment product based on football, not an actual football competition, things will make a lot more sense.

Once you accept that the Premier League is an entertainment product based on football, not an actual football competition, things will make a lot more sense.
The NLD was certainly more card-happy than the Old Firm, although Mr Atkinson missed a caution for Xhaka on the penalty.

The NLD was certainly more card-happy than the Old Firm, although Mr Atkinson missed a caution for Xhaka on the penalty.
Atkinson would of had a ball with some of the challenges on this one, it’s one thing not panicking, it’s another thing just letting them get away with everything just to keep the peace!

Back