A&H

Only 8 goals and 6 yellows

santa sangria

RefChat Addict
Last game of the season, relegation battler against promotion battler. A win for one saves them from relegation, a win for the other puts them in the play offs.
Goal in the first minute, eight goals, 6 yellows, two penalties - one excellently called by my #1 assistant.
Both assistants were excellent. #2 was incredibly neat. It is so good when you can trust them!

The winner avoided relegation!

Three interesting comments for me:
- Same whistle as the next pitch. I shouldn't have left my jumbo in the changing room
- I was waiting to ensure correct position for two many meaningless FKs and IDFKs. I was using it to calm the game and stop the incessant chat but my assistants were right - it was a bit officious
- And my signalling could be bolder. I am a lank and tend to signal weakly for uncontested decisions. I will fix that.

...and that is my last game in the middle as our season is ending. :( A few more lines and then futsal.
But I have three back to back assessors in a week so something is cooking!

The Referee Store
Probably being a bit self critical ?
On the point of slowing the game down , if its getting a bit over the top and you start sensing a bit of tension building you are spot on to slow the game down a bit , when talking to or cautioning players also take a bit of time over it , and stop playing advantages unless they are blatantly good ones .....if players start moaning tell them why and put it back in their court .

Back