A&H

Outfield players wearing gloves

RegalRef

Politically Incorrect
Watching Man City v Newcastle and 8/10 outfield players for City are wearing gloves.

Black gloves.

Given the entries in LOTG for sock tape and undershorts/undershirts (which are a relatively new thing of course), I'm amazed there isn't for colour of gloves?

The Referee Store
Are they the gloves with sticky pads on them that makes gripping the ball for throw ins easier?

No idea Paddlers, never saw a close up really.

My did find it a touch ironic when the likes of Dzeko or Kolorov had them on, are they not from colder climes anyway?

The colour changes to undershorts and tape were to assist with offsides iirc so gloves don't count on that front so no need to care.

I always check them before hand (excuse the pun), in case of buckles etc, purely fabric are fine.

I often wonder how long it's going to take before FIFA decide gloves have to be the one colour.
As opposed to, you know, a law change that actually benefits the game. All this 'same colour' nonsense is a joke.

I often wonder how long it's going to take before FIFA decide gloves have to be the one colour.
As opposed to, you know, a law change that actually benefits the game. All this 'same colour' nonsense is a joke.

My black gloves went well with my yellow shirt today. Kept me very warm.

Back