A&H

Owen Coyle

PinnerPaul

RefChat Addict
Blackburn have a "goal" ruled out in their match last night. The manager's reaction

I would suggest that we have been robbed of three points tonight," said Coyle after the game.

"The performance was certainly worthy of three points, the officials have made terrible errors that have cost us tonight.

"We've actually scored three good goals tonight. Marven Emnes scores a great goal that is clearly over the line but they don't give it."

2 weeks ago Blackburn v QPR, QPR have a "goal" not given in very similar circumstances, Mr Coyle's reaction

"There was the long throw in the second half that was only their real chance and there was a debate as to whether it was over the line. If it was then it was probably the first bit of luck that we've had all season."

Nice even handed reactions there:rolleyes:

The Referee Store
Worth a watch - shows both 'goals' disallowed and the red card incident (start at 01:01)

The goal no goal is a tough one. You'd be doing very well as an assistant to be bang on the goal line as it strikes the ground. Have seen it a few times and have yet to see anything conclusive.
Yet again we are discussing a handball scenario. I probably have a bit of bias being a wednesday fan but I think he has got that right. Theres a better video on our youtube channel which gives slow motion and magnified and whilst it looks like the defender heads the ball onto his hand in real time this shows a more deliberate act of handball.
As for the push there are no arguments are there?

I am, granted, ever so slightly biased as an Owl, but shouldn't Coyle be coming out and apologising for and condoning the behaviour of his sent off player rather than just moaning about decisions?

Impossible to tell if the first one crossed the line ever with replays, assistant would have no chance as wouldn't have been even close to the goal line. Second one looks like handball to me, but I refer you back to my opening statement ... :)

His position as manager is reportedly under threat, so classic backside covering by blaming the officials for yet another defeat.

Will be interesting to see what action (if any) the FA take against Coyle for his post match comments and the push!

After the push, players right in the refs face screaming at him?

Anymore cards shown there?

I am, granted, ever so slightly biased as an Owl, but shouldn't Coyle be coming out and apologising for and condoning the behaviour of his sent off player rather than just moaning about decisions?

Impossible to tell if the first one crossed the line ever with replays, assistant would have no chance as wouldn't have been even close to the goal line. Second one looks like handball to me, but I refer you back to my opening statement ... :)
I am so disappointed now as @RustyRef finally reveals his true colours as a Wendy. @Sheffields Finest did you know this?

Not sure you mean "condone". "Condemn" perhaps?

After the push, players right in the refs face screaming at him?

Anymore cards shown there?
Certainly, looking at something for 31 dependent on what was said...however for match control I would be certainly taking a step back arms out making sure players didn't encroach on personal space again or backing off and getting in position for freekick if they want to follow and abuse then the card gets easier!

Player needs a lengthy ban eg rest of the season. Owen Coyle should be forced to wear a "i live donald trump and his fake news" t shirt. How can he claim to have a better view from his technical area than the officials. Maybe a dunce hat.

Player needs a lengthy ban eg rest of the season. Owen Coyle should be forced to wear a "i live donald trump and his fake news" t shirt. How can he claim to have a better view from his technical area than the officials. Maybe a dunce hat.
But strangely didn't have a very good view of the QPR "goal":rolleyes:

Blackburn now charged with failure to control players.
SSN saying player sent off "also charged in relation to red card" - not sure if that means a misconduct charge over and above the VC for the red card though?

Back